Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2004, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Default I am thinkig of doing Disney. Please Help!

This is what I am thinking of doing. I want to take my kids and my mom on a 3 day sea 4 night disney. And What I am wondering is when you are in the park for four days about what would food run for that amount of time? They have never been on a cruise or to Disney and they will be 4 and 6 when we go.

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2004, 10:10 AM
Liz63

Default Re: I am thinkig of doing Disney. Please Help!

I am cruising Wonder next Feb for the first time ever on a cruise, me, husband, two boys 13 & 14; we have a Disney timeshare and go to Disney 1-2 x each year. We tend to have one big meal per day, a lunch or dinner, and I hate to tell you but we run about $150 and above for four people per day on food, sometimes MUCH more! BUT, we feel the food, which is GREAT at Disney in the nicer restaurants, is part of the treat for us. We swear off burgers & fries. I suggest you take some non-perishables, boxed/canned drinks, etc or stay on a concierge floor, which we do - it's more expensive but we find it worth it, and eat our breakfasts, snacks and desserts there. Another alternative is a Disney timeshare room - I stayed at the Boardwalk before I bought into the timeshare to try it out, kitchens! Also there are "log cabins" in the campground area which are very roomy, again, full kitchens AND a grill outside. Birnbaums guide to Disney is very helpful with all aspects of the Disney experience. Hope you enjoy it - we love Disney, it is clean, people are friendly and NICE and we always do something a little different, like the Dolphins at Epcot this year, so each time is a new experience. PS: you MUST spend one night eating upstairs in the castle - reserve early, ask for a window overlooking the fireworks & book for 1/2hr before they start - you will NEVER forget it. The kids will LOVE it.
Old August 2nd, 2004, 10:52 AM
ginamarie

We got to Disney pretty frequently. The food at Disney is not cheap, but all of it is excellent. We tend to eat most of our dinners in the restaurants, which are more money, but it's our treat to ourselves (especially since we have free passes to get into the parks). You can eat at disney at the many counter service locations and it will be less expensive, but even so, I would estimate $10 per adult, $7 per kid for each meal.
Old August 5th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

If you stay on property at one of the All Star resorts they have food courts and the food there is much more reasonable than in the parks. We had a big breakfast, snacked in the park and then went back to the Food Court for dinner. One day we had lunch at MGM in one of the nice restaurants and for myself and two kids it was about $50 with tip. One night we did a character dinner at Disney and as it ran about $75 for the three of us.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to felway17 Send a message via Yahoo to felway17

There is another web message board that you might want to look at.

disboards.com

Old August 16th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Liane Layman

There are places in the park to eat. There's plenty of restrunts but they can be expensive. The prices into the parks are expensive enough. My hotel on Bronson Memorial Highway was confort inn. It included a nice breakfest. Alot of hotels in the area do. But some people perfer to stay at a Disney Resort which I don't. You can bring in your own food into the park. They have no problem with that. I bring in snaks like cheese crakers and granola bars, nuts, etc..I get cheap at the discount stores. Our hotel breakfest had fruit and I brought a banana or apple from there. You can also bring in your own bottle of water, and keep filling it up. But if you like it ice cold especially in the summer then you will have to buy some which can be expensive. When you get back to your hotel there are plently of cheap places to eat depending on what you want. Our hotel had refrigerator and microwave so we bought food and headed it up and put it in the microwave.
Old September 11th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Yeoman

Not to worry! If you can afford the price of a Disney Cruise, the price of food in the park shouldn't be a problem!
Old September 11th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Julia Elzie

Default Re: Re: I am thinkig of doing Disney. Please Help!

Hi,

I am a travel agent and I do a lot of Disney travel...you might consider doing the Silver Plan add-on to your basic Dream Maker package for Disney World. It is a great deal!
You receive dining credit vouchers and you can use them at almost any Disney restaurant around Disney World, except for the Victoria and Albert at the Grand Floridian (not really a kid restaurant, anyway, but GREAT for anniversaries!).

On the Silver Plan, you receive 2 magical wishes per person, per day and you can use them on dining or recreation. The dining can be used for a Disney character breakfast, lunch or dinner, a Disney dinner show (a FABULOUS!) value, or lunch or dinner at any of the Disney World signature restaurants with gratuities. It is only an additional $68 per adult or junior per day or $35 per child per day. It is easy to "eat" your way through $68 at any of those dining options! That is a great way to get your big meal and then, just snack through the rest of the day!

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Best Regards,
Julia
Old November 7th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Yeoman

I agree about the disboards.com...lots of info there. We just went last Dec. Did the pkg deal. Three days at the park and four on the cruise. We got picked up by a car service and they took us to the grocery store first. (we got in the night before to get 3 FULL days in) We got stuff for breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks. Saved tons of money! We ate in our room first thing in the am. Packed a lunch, snacks and beverages. Also used zip lock bags with ice to keep it all cold.(they chk your bags, but don't care if you bring in stuff to eat and drink) We ate at counter services for dinner. You can splurge and eat at one sit down restaurant to make it fun. You can also go out to some fun places for dessert.

I just can't see paying that much for food. I don't care if I can afford a cruise or not.

We stayed at the Dolphin. Loved that place! YOu can take the ferry to Epcot and MGM. The bus can take you to MK and Animal Kingdom. Very convenient. They give discounts for teachers and others.

Lots of tips to save money there. ( disboards)

We won't go again with our teens. Just think Disney cruises are way over priced. We had a good time, but didn't think it was worth the extra $$$. You get much more for your money with Carnival.(and RCCL) We're going on the Mariner in a few weeks. I've seen that many people have recommended the voyager line to you. I think with little kids like you have, they'll love meeting MIckey and all the characters. Be prepared to be Disney'd out by the time you're all done. Then again, maybe not. We were.

Have fun which ever line you choose!
Old November 14th, 2004, 10:37 AM
GrannyMouse

You also might want to look into buying Meal Vouchers from Hot Wire Savings Club. We use these at Disney and it can really save money on meals plus you have already prepaid for the meals. With two boys 13 & 14, you will have to pay the adult price for any of the Character Meals, Ohanas, etc. That is around $26+- for one meal each. We usually stay at POFQ and split our meals between the food court and Disney restaurants. The restaurants are part of the Disney experience!!