Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2004, 04:43 AM
saloshini

Default Hurricane Charley, Frances, Ivan's affect on Disney Magic Cr

Hi i would like to know if all is well on the disney magic, as i have been reading articles with regards to the hurricane and one of the cast members aboard the magic is my sister and i have not heard from her in a week. I am from South africa so any information, or just a little note to say all is well aboard the magic and everything is okay wll mean alot.
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Ginamarie

Default Re: Hurricane Charley, Frances, Ivan's affect on Disney Magi

I have a good friend on the Magic, who has told me all is well. I understand that the ship had to take a detour due to the storm, but everything looks fine.
Old September 7th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

THey extended the most recent cruise to a 9 night and returned to port on the 6th. They will then be sailing a shorter itinerary to get back on schedule. Castaway Cay apparently has suffered a lot of damage, but none to the ships. Good luck.
Old September 12th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Beachball

I've read that the Magic is just fine and that they are doing a Eastern trip right now. This was supposed to be a western caribbean cruise but becuase of Ivan that has changed.

For more information go to http://www.disboards.com/ then to Cummunity Board under discussion forum.
Old September 15th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

They have also changed ports, skipping St. Thomas and going to Nassau.
Old September 20th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do you think that Castaway Cays will be closed for very long? What is the weather as far as temp. in early Jan. at Castaway Cays?
Old September 21st, 2004, 10:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

THe island has already reopened taking passengers. It may be affected now by Jeanne, but they did a good job getting it back open.

We went in January and the temps on CC were in the high 70's all day and we could swim with no complaints.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 10:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

We went on a Jan cruise last year weather great! But we were further south. We want to go on Disney this time. Thanks for info.
Old September 24th, 2004, 04:21 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to pridevacation

Due to Hurricane Jeanne's expected route over Florida, Disney Cruise Line said Disney Wonder and Disney Magic, will both depart from Port Everglades on Monday instead of sailing from Port Canaveral. Disney Cruise Line reservations agents are contacting guests to make arrangements for them to arrive in Fort Lauderdale; the line will provide ground transportation between Fort Lauderdale and Orlando. The Disney Wonder's three-night cruise that set sail on Thursday, Sept. 23, has been extended to a four-night cruise that will now set sail to Cozumel, Mexico, rather than the Bahamas; that ship will return on Monday, Sept. 27, to Port Everglades. Disney Wonder's four-night cruise originally scheduled to sail on Sunday, Sept. 26, has been changed to a three-night cruise to the Bahamas and will depart on Monday, Sept. 27, and will return to Port Canaveral on Thursday, Sept. 30, as scheduled. The Disney Magic's seven-night sailing originally scheduled to leave on Saturday, Sept. 25, will now become a five-night voyage departing on Monday, Sept. 27, from Fort Lauderdale and returning on Saturday, Oct. 2, to Port Canaveral. The ship will visit Cozumel and Costa Maya.

Darrell