Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to KACORPARENTS
Default Cost

Can anyone give some advise on where I might find the best prices on Disney cruises?

Thanks

http://community.webshots.com/user/K...host=community

Carnival Imagination 5/08
Disney Wonder 5/05
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by KACORPARENTS
Can anyone give some advise on where I might find the best prices on Disney cruises?

Thanks
It depends when you wish to sail, for the catagory 11 inside cabins on desirable decks and locations are easy to book directly through Disney; especially if you book far in advance.

I just booked Disney for Oct 2009 directly through Disney; inside cabins on deck 7 the same price as advertised on other sites. The nice thing about booking directly through disney is if you wish to change anything like room, you can do it directly through Disney. When you book with a travel agent you're required to go through the agent to make changes. And, Disney does NOT charge a fee to make a booking. sites such as expedia charge a booking fee per room.

The so-called deal sites are really not offering deals when it comes to Disney IMO. The $399 lowest price per person is NOT a confirmed room, but a guarantee of a room in your class at time of boarding. And, I've yet to talk with family, friend, or co-worker that was upgraded when choosing the low guarantee price; contrary they got less than desirable inside rooms on the 2nd deck.

I'm extremely happy with the 3 inside cabin rooms I just booked directly through Disney...all of them on deck 7 and all right together in a row. And, again I paid the same exact price as travel sites are posting as deals.

When you go to book directly through Disney the base price can be a bit deceiving, at first appearing more expensive than deal sites. Disney automatically adds in the travel insurance and transportation...all of which is removable and can be declined....when you deduct those 2 items the price is the same as so-called deal sites.

“The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.��? --Jacques Cousteau