Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Embarkation/Debarkation Ports
Register Forgot Password?

Embarkation/Debarkation Ports Discuss pre/post cruise planning & sightseeing in various port cities.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2009, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Default MIAMI INTERNATINAL AIRPORT

We are going to have a several hour layover in Miami International which I'm not thrilled about.. Is there something we can do.. we will have our luggage for a two week cruise with us..any place to safely leave it? The airport has a bad reputatation and as seniors I need to feel somewhat safe
One thought is that we go to the area where the charter is leaving from and just sit..
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2009, 06:06 PM
First Mate

There is a baggage storage area- it is on concourse E level 2.
If you have several hours you can go back out shopping etc.
Also, lots of pax take a ship's sightseeing tour of the local area, there are several offered, when the tour is completed they drop you off at the airport.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

How long is the lay over?

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Default LAY OVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
How long is the lay over?
Hi Donna.. We arrive give or take in Miami at 5:30 p.m. and rather than go to a hotel we had figured to wait it out at what we think is Concourse F until 1:50 a.m. The main problem is that we can probably store our luggage, but we aren't sure what time the storage area is opened until.. We aren't traveling lightly..lol
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Familiar Face

The Miami International Airport Hotel is located in Concourse E. We have gotten a day room there when we had an evening flight out of Miami. It was great to drop our bags, grab a bite to eat and then just relax in the room prior to our flight. I'm not sure what they currently offer, but you might give them a call and see if they offer anything you can use.

Happy Cruising!
Old June 15th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Passenger

I took a day room at the Hilton Airport once during a lay over. What a lovely hotel. It had a free shuttle from/to airport and was very pleasant. Heated pool, nice lounge etc. I would do that.

K
Old June 15th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Default THANKS

We hung around the concourse, getting a bite to eat. it was a pretty lonely spot..lol Hope I never, ever have to go to that airport again...