Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Embarkation/Debarkation Ports
Register Forgot Password?

Embarkation/Debarkation Ports Discuss pre/post cruise planning & sightseeing in various port cities.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Familiar Face

Default Pre-cruise hotel with shuttle in FLL

We will be sailing on the Allure in the fall with our 13 month old and 3 other couples. I am looking for a decent hotel to stay the night before that includes shuttle service to and from airport and cruise port and close proximity (or shuttle service) to shopping and restaurants. Complimentary shuttle service a plus, if not, do you know if they charge for infants? As far as shopping goes, I am more interested in something like a big discount store to buy things like diapers, wipes, toys, sun lotion, etc.

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:36 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

As I recall most of the airport hotels do have shuttles for a reasonable price.

A taxi will cost about $40 per trip (airport to pier), but you can take up to 4 people. so sometimes taxis are cheaper than shuttles.
Old February 21st, 2012, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Here's a list I posted over at our Hotel Forum to check out'

Cruises from Fort Lauderdale - Hotels with Shutle Service - Cruise and Play - Fort Lauderdale CVB

www.theharborshops.com

The Hyatt Place, Renaissance, & Embassy Suites, are all within walking distance of Harbor shops,with the Hyatt bieng just across a small street seperating them. Here you will find a Publix supermarket restaurants, and, liquor store.

Unless you rent a car, there is no large shopping center close by. If you did decide to rent a car/van for all of you, the car rental shuttle would take you to the pier.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Familiar Face

We usually stay at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown City Center, They have a cruise package with two one-way transportation to Port Everglades.