Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2004, 08:58 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon
Default Airfare to London for Europe cruise

A cruise I'm interested in is on the Norwegian Dream. I'm looking at July/August dates, and airfare is around $1000 per person. Does this seem high to everyone? Is it just too far out, and that's why? What can I expect to pay? BTW, I'm in San Antonio, but can fly out of Dallas or Houston. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2004, 11:15 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Airfare to London for Europe cruise

Hi Jon:

I'm from San Antonio, too. A great place to live, but airfare bargains are rare.

We are flying to London for an Oceania cruise in June. I was checking airfares back in November . . . actually trying to get there on miles . . . and noticed a drop in price from the usual $950 to about $750. Grabbed a pair of tickets. Glad I did because the price went back up the next day.

Travelocity.com has a Fare Alert feature. You can register up to five or six itineraries and they will email you when the price goes up or down by more than $25. That way, maybe you can catch a better price.

Good Luck
Marilyn
Old February 15th, 2004, 11:26 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Airfare to London for Europe cruise

Thanks for the reply. Was your $750 out of San Antonio? I can go out of Dallas for about $200 cheaper per person.
Old February 16th, 2004, 07:09 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Airfare to London for Europe cruise

Dear Jon:

Yes, it is out of San Antonio. How are you planning to get to Dallas? Also, have you checked flying out of Austin?

Marilyn
Old February 16th, 2004, 07:32 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Airfare to London for Europe cruise

I would just drive to Dallas. I have family there that can take me to the airport and pick me up. $750 out of san antonio is a grat deal.
Old February 25th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to maryann

My travel agent got me round trip on British airways out new york for $650.00 In June. Maryann
Old April 27th, 2004, 01:54 AM
chip brady

We are flying out of Seattle to London on May the 10th. Sailing the NCL Dream to the Baltics May 13th. We bought air tickets through Orbitz for 575.00 per person.
By purchasing 3 or 4 months ahead Ncl is paying for out hotel for 2 nites in London. When you book your cruise do not be afraid to ask for discounts or free add ons. They are all trying to sell their cruise and they will bargain, if not try someone else.

Chip Brady cb2052@wavecable.com
Old April 27th, 2004, 01:56 AM
chip brady

We are flying out of Seattle to London on May the 10th. Sailing the NCL Dream to the Baltics May 13th. We bought air tickets through Orbitz for 575.00 per person.
By purchasing 3 or 4 months ahead Ncl is paying for out hotel for 2 nites in London. When you book your cruise do not be afraid to ask for discounts or free add ons. They are all trying to sell their cruise and they will bargain, if not try someone else.

Chip Brady cb2052@wavecable.com