Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Norwegian Fjords

I would like to chat with someone who has taken a Norwegian Fjords cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2004, 06:31 PM
gopack

Default Re: Norwegian Fjords

Mindy,

I am searching for cruise reveiws for the Norway Fjords cruises also. We want to go in June of 2005. So far, it looks like HAL, Princess, Celebrity, Crystal, Oceania all have 12 to 14 day Norway itineraries. I am looking at info on all of them. I am sure there might some other ones as well.

What line are you thinking of taking?

If anyone knows of Norway reviews, could you please tell us where they are? Thanks.

I have found one or two so far on this site, and a couple on another well known message board. It's fun to read about them.

thanks,

Ginny
Old April 18th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Andee

We took the Orient Line "Grand Scandinavia" on the Marco Polo in 2003. It combined the Scandinavian/Baltic cities with the Norwegian fjords. We loved it.
Old April 20th, 2004, 02:22 PM
bettylu

Two years ago we took a Royal Caribbean cruise round trip from Harwich England and loved the itinerary. It stopped in Plymouth, Cork, Dublin, Greenoch, Bergen, Flam, Geiringer, Amsterdam - a very diverse cruise and very well planned trip. Beautiful scenery.
Old May 21st, 2004, 08:08 AM
MikeN

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Fjords

I am taking this cruise in July 2004.
Does the ship dock near the city centres and is it easy to Do It Yourself, sightseeing wise.
The RCI tours are very expensive and there are 6 of us.
What do you suggest we see and what should we avoid.

Regards

MikeN
Old May 25th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Passenger

We took a cruise to Norwegian Fjords in June, 99 - it was by far the most scenic of any cruise we have ever taken. We were on HAL - Rotterdam and went up around the North Cape on June 21 - longest day of the year. Still light at 2 a.m. - we got a little "jaded" by all the wonderful waterfalls, gorgeous mountains, etc. We were able to easily walk around in most of the towns at the end of the fjords. We did take a few tours up in the mountains, be sure and do the train trip - I believe Flam to Vik, perhaps just the opposite. Unbelievable sights and waterfalls. To anyone who is going, you are so fortunate and will love this trip. As you come out of each fjord, you will know you are in the North Sea at times, fjord waters are smooth as glass. Very windy, barren in the tundra at the North Cape but not to be missed. If you have any further questions, please e-mail me and I will try to answer.
Old May 26th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Cupcake

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Fjords

Keith,
My husband and I were on the same cruise (Rotterdam 1999) and we thought it was the most beautiful trip we'd ever taken. I agree about the train ride to Vik/Flam--that was really good. We also walked around in most of the other ports and didn't take a ship tour.
We were very happy with HAL and the itinerary was great.
Marge