Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2005, 02:42 PM
eriqua

Default Medi: Renting a Car?

What are the requirements/restrictions for renting a car in Europe? We're on a Medi cruise and we need transportation in Genoa, Messina and Naples. I was thinking a car might be easiest -especially for Genoa since we'd love to drive along the Almafi coast. Does anyone knows costs and how you pick up the car, etc?
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Medi: Renting a Car?

Eriqua,

My family and I are on the MIllie in June. We are not renting in the ports you described but I just firmed up a day rental through Avis for Livorno. We are driving by Pisa and then on to Florence, then back to Livorno. The cost is 142 euros (185USD) and that includes all the insurances they offer. I sure it will be similar in other ports of Italy.

One note of caution though, the reason I went with Avis is that they were the only rental place that still had vehicles. I even tried some of the Italian operators to no avail.

I am sure the gracious people on this board will have more precise advise. Probably can even recommend local rental places.

Hope you find something. I am really looking forward to drving around a little in the Italian countryside.

take care,

=D=