Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2005, 06:25 PM
DaveGuest

Default Best place to buy artwork from street artists?

We are sailing on RCCL's Splendour of the Seas -- Barcelona, Marseille, Florence, Rome, Naples. Any suggestions on the best place to purchase street art? We always like to travel and bring back a water color or painting from someplace that we've been. And we like to support the local starving artists who don't have the benefit of a gallery. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Best place to buy artwork from street artists?

I don't have an answer to your question, but any chance you going on the Sept.10 cruise? If you have gone already, could you give me any advice or suggestions? we are going on that date on the same itinerary!
Cheers,
Jason
Toronto, Canada
Old August 15th, 2005, 05:53 PM
DaveGuest

Default Re: Best place to buy artwork from street artists?

We're departing on Splendour Sept. 3, returning to Barcelona Sept. 10.

My wife and I are in our early 40s and our two kids are 18 and 12. I've taken the ship's shore excursions in the past, but with a couple of exceptions, I've found it to be much more enjoyable on our own. Ships tours don't give you the flexibility to quickly change plans. They are much more expensive. Because of the group involved, from young kids to seniors, they don't move fast enough for me.

I also find that the private tours that so many speak of on these boards are over-budget for me. I can't spend $300-400 at each port of call for a taxi driver to haul me around for the day.

Shorts cab rides, buses, trains and subways are the way to go.

We are taking a cab to the Marseille airport while there, renting a car, and spending Sunday afternoon driving around Provence. We own a winery in Washington State and would like to visit a chateau or two while there, but then, it is Sunday. We're not planning on much more than a long drive through the countryside.