Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Beginner

Default 12-Night Mediterranean Princess Cruise on May 4, 2006

We are taking the 12-Night Mediterranean Cruise on the Grand Princess, leaving Rome on May 4, 2006. We would like to hear from others who may be taking this cruise regarding arrangements, tours, etc.

Greg & Fran
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2005, 03:06 PM
Beginner

Hi Greg and Fran, good to hear we are not alone in Rome. We are taking the Princess pre-cruise hotel package and will be staying at the Crowne Plaza, May 1- May 3. I e-mailed the concierge and they sent back some tours that interested us.
This will be the first time in Rome and we would like fo see the Vatican and the major attractions. My wife and I hope two and a half days are enough to see it all in a leisurely pace. I’m open to any suggestions you may have.
I'll be looking at this thread for more posts. Voltdoc
Old December 3rd, 2005, 05:41 PM
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. We are also taking the Princess Precruise package. Since the Crowne Plaza was already booked they are putting us up at the Marriott Grand Hotel Flora. We too are hoping that 2-1/2 days will be enough to see all the attractions on our list.

Please send us your names and e-mail address so we can discuss more privately how to contact each other in Rome. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Our e-mail is: gregz@san.rr.com.

Fran & Greg
Old December 3rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
Beginner

Hi. We are going to the Princess Mediterranean cruise on Aug. 20. I would like to know if anyone has done a shore excursion on the final day of the curise in Rome that drops you off at the airport?
Old December 28th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Beginner

Your best bet to do a tour of Rome and then be dropped off at the airport might be to go with a private tour guide. We used Claudio Caponera at limoinrome.com and had a wonderful day with him. He is a Rome native and loves his city. He will take you wherever you want to go and give you more information about those places than you can imagine.