Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2007, 06:35 PM
First Mate

Default E Medit weather in Nov.

we just booked an E medit RT Citavecchia on Galaxy for Nov 08 which will go to Messina Sicily, several stops in Greece, Turkey & Naples...we expect the weather will be cooler but how cool generally & how rough can the seas be then,? is it a high rain period?. The dates are the only ones that worked out for us so we just want to know what we can expect! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: E Medit weather in Nov.

hcat,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
we just booked an E medit RT Citavecchia on Galaxy for Nov 08 which will go to Messina Sicily, several stops in Greece, Turkey & Naples...we expect the weather will be cooler but how cool generally & how rough can the seas be then,? is it a high rain period?. The dates are the only ones that worked out for us so we just want to know what we can expect! Thanks
I would be prepared for temperatures in the 40's, though this is not likely at that time of year.

And I have seen 20' seas in the Mediterranean, but such conditions are very unusual because it's quite sheltered.

Overall, that cruise is less risky than the Caribbean at the same time of year.

And I'll be leaving MV Galaxy as you will be arriving. Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:33 AM
Beginner

Yes the weather will be cooler, and for Sicily in particular it's the month with the highest rainfall, though still unlikely to pour down too much... average temperature tends to be around the early-to-mid-twenties Celcius, though best to be prepared for the heat just in case...

I went on a gorgeous cruise with Celebrity Cruises to that area of the Med last winter, which is how I know! we had a few really warm days where the temperature was up in the thirties, but mainly it was cool-ish with some rain.
Old March 21st, 2007, 05:13 PM
Admiral

lexxie,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Yes the weather will be cooler, and for Sicily in particular it's the month with the highest rainfall, though still unlikely to pour down too much... average temperature tends to be around the early-to-mid-twenties Celcius, though best to be prepared for the heat just in case...

I went on a gorgeous cruise with Celebrity Cruises to that area of the Med last winter, which is how I know! we had a few really warm days where the temperature was up in the thirties, but mainly it was cool-ish with some rain.
Unfortunately, most Americans still think in Farenheit rather than Celsius.

For those who don't know, here's the equivalence of the Celsius (C) and Farenheit (F) temperature scales.

50 C = 122 F
45 C = 113 F
40 C = 104 F
35 C = 95 F
30 C = 86 F
25 C = 77 F
20 C = 68 F
15 C = 59 F
10 C = 50 F
5 C = 41 F
0 C = 32 F
-5 C = 23 F
-10 C = 14 F

And that should cover more than the range that you are likely to encounter on any cruise or shore excursion anywhere in the world.

Norm.