Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2001, 10:06 PM
Tamara

Default Advice for teen on Disney Magic

We are traveling on Disney Magic in June. One of my children will be almost 18 when we go. I think he may feel too old for the teen program all the time and he would like to go to the workout area to use the exercise machines. Will he be allowed in, what is the age restriction. Any suggestions for someone his age.
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2001, 10:27 AM
CruzinTeen

Default Re: Advice for teen on Disney Magic

If he will be almost 18 the Teen activities will be too young for him. The age limit for the weightroom is 18 but I'm sure they'd let him in.
Old April 10th, 2001, 01:31 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Advice for teen on Disney Magic

I'm the new family cruise editor for CruiseMates.com and I queried officials at Disney about your concerns. Here's their reply:
"An 18-year-old can enjoy all the experiences that adults can (spa, adult pool/Castaway Beach, Palo restaurant, nighttime entertainment area, etc.) On the occasion that an 18-year-old is traveling with friends and family that are near in age (16, 17 years), and that guest would prefer to participate in activities with this teen group, we can accommodate that guest in areas such as Common Grounds, our teens only club. We ask, however, that the guest decide between an adult experience or teen experience without switching back and forth between the two during the cruise."
"Also, we are working on trying to gear some of the teens' events to just the older teens. During the seas days, there are pool activities and game show events. When the ship is in Castaway Cay, there is snorkeling and boat rental, beach volleyball, etc. "
I hope this is helpful and that your son finds which activities and age groups suits him best. He may just want to check out the teen club and see if at least he can hook up with other teens his age.
Bon Voyage!
Luisa Frey Gaynor