Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2002, 09:53 PM
Passenger

Default Toy cruise ship?

We'll be going on a cruise with our 4 year old daughter in March & I wanted to get her a toy cruise ship for Christmas since she likes to do imaginary play & I thought this would be a good way to prepare her for the trip. Can anyone tell me where I can get one - I've only been able to find 1 on the Toys R Us website & my husband thought it didn't look realistic enough.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2002, 07:57 AM
stuff&things

Default Re: Toy cruise ship?

Carnival has an inflatable one for sale in the ship's gift shop - at least on the Fantasy they do. I bet you could call the cruise line on which you are sailing and speak to someone about getting one ahead of time. Or, if you place a note on the message board of whichever cruise line you're sailing (Cruise Mates has a board for each line), perhaps someone sailing before Christmas would pick one up for you and mail it to you.
Old November 25th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: Toy cruise ship?

I'm the family cruise editor here. Yes, most of the cruise lines which carry kids such as Carnival, Disney, Royal Caribbean, etc. do have them in their gift shop.
How about cutting out a picture of a cruise ship from a travel magazine ad and putting it in a frame for her wall?
Happy shopping,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old November 27th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Check out any major Holiday Craft Fairs. I bought a wood and plexi glass ship which is a bank for my husband year's ago. We save our coins and this is his "fun" money. She could play with it and learn to save some money too. The coins won't fall out. They wrote his name on it too.
Bon Voyage
Old January 13th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Admiral

Recently on Carnival I saw a cute child's inflatable cruise ship - great toy for the bathtub or swimming pool. Maybe if you contact Carnival you could get one, or wait till you're onboard. Happy sailing!