Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Passenger

Default Family split into two cabins

I am traveling on the Grand Princess 3/30. We are traveling with (me & spouse) and a 1 and 21/2 year old. There were no inside staterooms available for third and fourth passengers .....so we are going to have two cabins next to each other. My husband will have to stay in one cabin with one child and I will be in another cabin with the other child. Has anyone done this before? I would've been willing to upgrade to a larger cabin...but was not willing to spend 1500+ each .... as they are charging full price for both of my children.
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Family split into two cabins

You are being charged full price for the kids because you are two in a cabin. The kids would probably be bargain price if they were in the same room with you. It might be too late, but what you really need , in the opinion of this old guy, is a completely different cruise and ship. A standard room on most Carnival ships would have more than enough room for the kids on a pull out sofa bed, as would many other ships. Elaborate a bit on how /why you got stuck with this two room thing.
Old March 1st, 2003, 05:14 AM
Jacquelyn

Before I would get charged for a cabin for a 1 and 2 1/2 year old I would change my vacation day or ship one. I do not know where you a cruising to but I would rethink that one long and hard. I cruise the end of May with 2 cabins but my kids are 16 and 17. They take up to much room at their size.

I would definitely consider changing ships.
Old March 1st, 2003, 08:56 AM
Passenger

I called Princess to see if we could get into one cabin somehow. They told me that I could exchange my two cabins (160 square feet) for one with 200 sq. feet but also be charged an extra $1600. That is outragous ....given that I'm already paying for the 1 and 21/2 year old. Guess we'll keep two cabins....
Old March 3rd, 2003, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Family split into two cabins

did you check out a mini-suite? it might work out to be cheaper than 2 cabins. That is what we are doing. We are going with another couple and we going to book 3 cabins, we ended up booking 2 mini-suites and a considerable savings. Call a Travel Agent, see what they can do for you, unfortunately its very hard to results when you call direct. Inside quads sell fast, have your TA check out what is available for an outside quad stateroom.
Old March 3rd, 2003, 10:19 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: Re: Family split into two cabins

Dear Kimberly:
I'm the family cruise editor here. The only benefit of having two cabins when you're traveling with kids so young is that if one is not a good sleeper, then you won't be having both kids wake up during the night if you're not in the same room. (I have a 9 year old and a 1-1/2 year old. The toddler wakes up a lot which is a problem when we travel/cruise and are all in the same stateroom.) Otherwise, seems hard to make a change at this late date.
Princess staff is very nice and helpful. I think you'll enjoy the atmosphere.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor