CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Family Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/family-cruising/)
-   -   Childrens programs for a two year old (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/family-cruising/276922-childrens-programs-two-year-old.html)

Mikey Sr June 14th, 2003 10:41 AM

Childrens programs for a two year old

What cruise lines have programs for my two year old daughter? My wife and I are planning our 10th anniversary and are looking into a 7+ day cruise with our three children.

HOSKI June 14th, 2003 09:40 PM

Re: Childrens programs for a two year old

Carnival and NCL are your two choices for a two year old and she must be two by the date of the sailing. We have used both cruise lines because of our daughters age and loved both children's programs. NCL used to be 3 yrs old but it changed last May 1st. Other lines are from 3 to 5 before the allow children in the program.

NCL will not change diapers so if your daughter is not fully potty trained they will give you a beeper and you must come change them. Carnival changes diapers and they also accept children under 2 for babysitting. NCL does not accept anyone under two for babysitting.

If you have more questions email me directly. My daughter will be sailing on her 6th cruise 14 days before her 4th birthday so I've done this a few times.

LisaK June 16th, 2003 08:41 AM

Re: Re: Childrens programs for a two year old

also don't forget about Disney for kids.

Luisa June 16th, 2003 09:07 AM

Re: Re: Re: Childrens programs for a two year old

Dear Mikey Sr:
You've already gotten great advice on cruising with a two year old. Keep in mind that Disney Cruise Line's nursery program for those under 3 years is for a fee and that you have to reserve your hours when you get aboard ship. We had our infant check it out last year and were very pleased with the facilities and staff.
Otherwise, Carnival and NCL are your only other choices (except for Cunard's QE2 nursery).
Let me know if you have add'l Q's.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey GAynor
Family Cruise Editor

Davida June 16th, 2003 09:32 PM

RCL will not take two year olds and start thier program at 3 yrs old. They insist that the child is potty trained before they let them in.

adriana September 8th, 2003 01:59 PM

I just got back from Royal Caribbean's Explorer 7day cruise and found absolutely nothing for my 19 mo old to do. They have a playroom for 3-5 that my son enjoyed for about 2 minutes. Right away someone came and asked if he was potty trained and I said no. They said that even if I stayed with him, because of health regulations, my son could not stay. So, with my son wailing, I took him to the kiddie pool. He loved it. But that only lasted one day. The next day it was closed for remodeling and never opened again. So, I took my son to the adult pool which has about four feet of width into the pool that my son could play in (amongst sun bathers). He didn't like it one bit. So, I was left with nothing. I had to "invent" for him things to do such as climbing the stairs from one to the fourteenth floor, see the fish, and just run around after him (I was exhausted by the end of the trip). Not to mention that the only entertainment on TV was the cartoon network that doesn't offer much entertainment for toddlers. He did enjoy the shows at night. That's about it. When we went to Mexico, the final destination, I took a taxi to the nearest playground and that I would say was the most fun he had. The beach he didn't like much because of the sand and salt water that would get in his eyes. So again, I was chasing after him at the beach. Don't get me wrong, my son has no problem traveling. I've taken him to many places and he's been just fine. But in this cruise, he was enclosed and without much to do.