Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2003, 06:15 PM
jcbmommy

Default Family Cruising - Maximum Capacity

Hi -

I just posted the below on another board....but then found this one and thought this might be the better forum..... =)

I just was looking into taking another cruise late next year around Christmas. Or perhaps early next year. But I wanted to take my entire family. I am having trouble finding rates for 5 people.

I was looking into a cruise on the Millenium and was informed they do not have cabins large enough for 5 people.

I know the family staterooms on the Century and Mercury will sleep 5, but I can't get a quote on that without calling a travel agent.

What other ships have cabins with a capacity for 5. This is two adults and 3 children. None of the children are old enough to stay by themselves. I know I can get two cabins and my husband and I could each sleep in one, but I was wanting us to all be together. In December 04, one child will be 2 and the other 6 months (not even here yet). The third Child will be 13.

Any advice on family cruising is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Family Cruising - Maximum Capacity

Royal CAribbean's Voyager Class ships have a number of family staterooms that fit five. You're smart to look into it early since those larger staterooms fill up early. Your teen will love Royal Caribbean's teen program. Royal Caribbean is one of the few cruise lines offering private babysitting for children six months and older, which you might want to take advantage of.
Feel free to ask any add'l questions. You may also want to read the article I've written on this site, "Bringing the Baby" which answers a lot of questions about cruising with kids.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old December 12th, 2003, 12:09 PM
jcbmommy

Can you provide the link to the site? I think I may have read it, but I'll check to make sure it's the same one. =)

We actually probably won't be going until spring/summer '05, so each child will be a bit older, but I am a planner and like to look into things early.
Old December 12th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Admiral

The Grand Class ships of Princess have family staterooms that can accomodate 5. There are only a few on each ship and they book fast. I think that the Voyager Class ships of RCCL might also have family staterooms.
Old December 12th, 2003, 01:32 PM
jcbmommy

Thanks, I'll look into it!
Old December 12th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Sandy Savoia

Carnival has quint cabins we have been on destiny and fascination with our 3 sons (teens) and had a great tim
Old December 15th, 2003, 10:22 AM
alisonr

We sailed on the Millenium earlier this year. There were 5 of us in an insided cabin. Two of the chidren were in the bunks and our baby had a protable crib. I would talk to Celebrity again, as you do not need 5 beds, just 4 beds and a crib.
Old December 15th, 2003, 03:34 PM
jcbmommy

I'll check into the Millenium again. It was a travel agent on one of those travel sites that told me that.....I'll have to have a local agent check into it for me....probably do better anyway.

I didn't care for the last one I had....so I'll need to look for another.

I haven't consider going on Carnival before....but that is also something to look into.

Thanks for the info.
Old December 16th, 2003, 04:25 PM
christine fischer

We're on Millenium in a room that is only equipped for three and we're a total of four including our baby. Celebrity OK's the room for us b/c the baby doesn't need a bed, just a port a crib. Once I called and they said this would work, I checked the various web sites for pricing as if we were 3 and then just doubled the third person rate to get an idea of what our fare would be. When I finally booked the cruise w/ an agent, she told me I couldn't get the room I wanted and I made her call Celebrity directly to explain one member of our group was a baby.

I imagine any quad room will work for your five, just get permission up front from the cruise line and price the way I did.

Good luck!
Old December 16th, 2003, 05:20 PM
jcbmommy

Thanks for the info Christine! I will do that!

Renee