Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2004, 03:45 PM
Passenger

Default Mercury-San Fran to Vancouver

know this is not a great itinerary but what do you think as a sampler? The Mercury sails from San Francisco to Vancouver. It is in Juneau for 10 hours and Ketchikan for 6 hours. You sail from San Fran and end in Vancouver with an overnight on the ship in Vancouver. It would be hubby and I, a 6 and 7 year old grandson and son and daughter in law. We love Celebrity and the price is right.
Thanks
Becky
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Mercury-San Fran to Vancouver

Hi Becky:
Sounds like a good itinerary to me, as long as you know that you won't get the full Alaska experience since there are some add'l ports a trad'l Alaska itinerary would feature as well as a day at Glacier BAy, etc. This itinerary sounds like it's a shoulder season / repositioning cruise in either May or Sept. Is it? If so, you should check to see if Celebrity's youth program will be running then for the kids -- their kids program is seasonal so it may not be offered then. If I were you, I'd call the reservations dept and talk to a manager about that -- some of our readers have had experiences where one res agent says that the program is running and then another says no...
Let me know what you decide.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor