Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Passenger

Default Talking dh into a cruise

We are planning a family vacation for this November/December. DH really wants to go to Turks and Caicos. We will have a 3 and 4 year old at the time. That island just seems a little too desserted to me to spend 8 days with 2 preschoolers. They love the water, sand, beach, but I am worried they will get restless with no one else to play with, etc. I want to book the RC, Serenade of the Seas, from San Juan. Its booking up fast, so we have to decide pretty soon.

Hey, I know this is a cruise message board, so you all will vote for the cruise, but anyone have any specific advice on cruising with little ones that will help sway dh? Anyone been to Turks, beside diving, what else is there to do?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Talking dh into a cruise

TIA

My husband and I have traveled extensively with our children. They are now, 10, 12, 15 and 19. Although they have always had fun no matter where we went we found that they enjoyed the cruises more than the land vacations (other than Disney) when they were little (and still now, we're going on another cruise the end of April!). After a few days they would start to get restless with the same thing. The other advantage I found to cruising were the camp programs so DH and I had some alone time. Although the resorts we went to did offer babysitting there was a fee for it per child. Hope this helps.

Darcy
Old March 19th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Admiral

lots of advantages to a cruise: You don't have to get a cab or drive into town to find a nice restaurant for all your meals, and they are paid for. Same goes for your evenings entertainment . Children's programs for your little ones - meet new friends - mom & dad will have some time alone while kids are in the programs. Always some type of activity or game going on during the day especially around the pools at lunch time., and plenty of nice friendly people
Old March 19th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Passenger

A cruise is a vacation where you will actually have to beg the kids to spend time with you! Tell DH that you can have family time and couple time all wrapped up in one vacation package. Plus, the overall cost of a cruise is quite often less than a land package.

Costa Cruises, here we come!