Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:44 AM
JenniferG

Default Shore Excursions for Kids - Any Suggestions?

This message board has been so helpful! I was hoping to get more information about traveling with a family of little ones.

I have two children - 4 1/2 and 7 - and I want to include them in the shore excursions so they can experience these wonderful places! They both are very adventureous and absolutely love the water ! (they are good swimmers too)

Can anyone give me suggestions on what shore excursions would be "awesome" for a 4 1/2 and 7 year old? We are travelling to Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel on the Paradise next month.

Thanks so much! We are all looking forward to our first cruise!
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Shore Excursions for Kids - Any Suggestions?

Hi Jennifer

Sounds like you're going on the Inspiration. We're going the end of this month with our kids. They're older than yours so some of the things we're doing probably wouldn't work for you. In Cozumel we're going to Chankanaab park for swimming and snorkeling. I haven't been there before but I have heard from others that have that it is very kid friendly. In Grand Caymen we're taking Soto's Cruises to the sting ray bar. It's $24/pp. Our excursion in Belize is cave tubing and the minimum age for our tour is 10. Haven't planned anything for Costa Maya. Probably just going to hang out on the beach.

Darcy
Old April 7th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to leahmichele
Default Re: Re: Shore Excursions for Kids - Any Suggestions?

Darcy--

Let me know how you like Soto Cruises. We're looking at booking with them for our cruise in September.

Leah

Sensation
Old April 7th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Jen,
Just make sure you take the kids to "Sting Ray City" in Grand Cayman, especially if they like to swim, they'll love it.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 8th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Luisa

Just beware that some little ones are afraid of the huge stingrays at Sting RAy City. You're the best judge of your kids' interest and fears.
Seven Mile Beach on Gr. Cayman is ver yfamily friendly and you can reach it easily via taxi from the port. There are restaurants, watersports and food there.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor