Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2004, 09:57 AM
waitingpatiently

Default Cribs vs. Pullout beds

I will soon be cruising on Mariner of the Seas with my 22 month son, who is about 36" tall. Should I ask for a crib onboard, or should I rely on him sleeping on a pullout bed/couch? HOw long are the cribs? I want him to be comfortable, and he tends to sprawl out, so want to make sure he's not cramped.

Thanks for your help!

Sylvia
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2004, 09:40 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Cribs vs. Pullout beds

Sometimes cribs are small, metal barred ones or they are pack 'n plays, which are larger. My son was 2-1/2 when we last cruised in April and we still got him a crib since he's used to one at home and sleeps better in one than in a bed. Make sure you order it ahead of time.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old June 21st, 2004, 10:08 AM
Yeoman

We travel a lot and our 2 yr old grew out of his pack in play quickly. We got our him a toddler aero bed and a Bob the Builder inflatable sleeping bag. We take the aero bed with us when we have the room and he sleeps in it wonderfully. The middle is recessed so he wont roll out. We took the sleeping bag on our last cruise. It took a bit to blow it up with the foot pump, but once it was up we didnt touch it all week. Our son didnt seem to be as comfy in it as the aero bed, and sometimes rolled out of it. The pillow is built in too. Both beds come with a carry case and inflating device. If you can spare the room, get the aero bed. The best part is in the small cabins (we get the ocean view with balcony) we dont have to have the sofa bed down and just put his bed on it during the day. If luggage is a problem, you could use the sofa bed. Ask for extra pillows to prop alongside your child and on the floor in case he does roll. There are also bedrails you can get (I think some lines have them if you request them).

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old June 22nd, 2004, 05:36 AM
Luisa

I never had success finding a cruise line with bed rails when my daughter needed them about 6 years ago.... We have a collapsible one that we put in our big suitcase.
Best,
Luisa