Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2005, 06:52 PM
StaceySch

Default Securing adjoining cabins

I am at a loss. I have been trying to secure adjoining cabins on the Explorer of the SEas. We are planning on going in the summer. We were flexible with the date but apparently there are no adjoining available. There aren't any rooms even near each other. I don't feel compfortable with my three kids -12,9, and 5 being on the other side of the ship. RC says you could put one adult in each room. What a vacation that would be ! NOT!! Anyway, I finally got someone to put me on a waiting list but I doubt it will pan out. Any suggestions from you guys? Also does anyone know a great travel agent who would be willing to try to find me adjoining rooms.
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Cuti
Default Re: Securing adjoining cabins

Hey Stacey:
I feel your pain!! We're booked on the Explorer for the June 12 sailing. We actually called the first week that reservations for open and we were told then that it was completely booked (for connecting rooms). Is that crazy or what!!! We ended up using a locate TA who worked on it and found us our current reservation. I was even thinking that all these other big agencies/online companies scoop up these rooms instantly because it just didn't make any sense to me that so many (like 98%) could be reserved a year in advance.
I do think that we got the last available rooms for that sailing.

OH! FYI. Our rooms are triples that connect. The other family that;s going with us has doubles that connect, and those were the rooms that our TA had a hard time securing. The triples were available but ours were the last ones!

I'm sure that this information is not what you want to hear but I hope it helps. I'm not a regular on the boards so if you need more info. feel free to email me directly.
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Stacey - you might be out of luck trying to book this late for a summer cruise. Summer cruises get snatched up waay early. Look to see if there are any mini-suites or family staterooms available. 5 in a mini-suite is do-able if two of the kids don't mind sleeping on a pull-out sofa and one in a bunk.
Post your request on the Bargain Finder's section of this site, see if anything comes-up.
Go to your local TA - one that specializes in cruises would be of great help.
I deal with a greal cruise travel agency - they buy blocks of cruises, e-mail me for the address.
Old January 9th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Yeoman

RCI has family suites that accommodate 6. They are very spacious and in the front of the ship, and the view is beautiful. We had a cocktail party on the Explorer in the suite and even with 11 people we were not crowded. RCI does a wonderful job catering a party.

Carol
Old January 10th, 2005, 07:21 AM
StaceySch

Carol,
Sounds beautiful but have you checked the prices on the family suites. Way out of range. I am still trying to get cabins but it doesn't look good so I book it for Summer 2006.
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:22 PM
StaceySch

Unfortunately, I was unable to secure rooms on the Explorer that were adjoining. My travel agent worked hard but to no avail. I booked the Carnival Valor. I would have preferred the Explorer but we went on the Triumph last summer and liked it. I am going to try to book RC for next summer though when the rooms open up in few months for summer of 2006