Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Beginner

Default Feb cruise choice w/ kids

We are planning a cruise vacation in Feb 2006. I have narrowed it down to Disney land/sea or NCL Hawaii? Does anyone have experience with Feb weather for Disney cruise and/or kid/teen programs on NCL POA? The kids will be 11 & 16.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:04 PM
cruisermatt

Default Re: Feb cruise choice w/ kids

Weather in February was great... first day was windy, but the rest was in the 80's every day. Our kids wer 12 and 15 when we went on the Voyager (RCCL) this past Feb. Everyone had the vacation of their life! If it is your first cruise, I would say to try to cruise Royal Caribbean voyager class.
Old March 9th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

The last time we were in Orlando in February (3 years ago) it was chilly. I don't think it got over 50 any day we were there. I think the weather in Florida can be iffy in February.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 10th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Lisa, how do your kids (especially the older one) feel about being surrounded by everything Disney? because that's what the ships are. For our little group ( 2 familes with teens 13,16 & 17) the very idea of anything Disney was totally "lame"
Unfortunatley i haven't been hearing a lot of positive feedback from NCL cruisers.
Old March 10th, 2005, 09:02 PM
cy2cruise

Our family just returned from NCL's majesty cruise. The weather was colder than Feb. of last year. My kids are 11,12,and almost 14. We didn't have rock climbing, water slides or outside movie theaters, The kids program was Awesome, The girls running the program were friendly and fun, They had organized activities around the clock, we had to drag our kids away. The last night on the ship there was alot of tears. I would recommend this ship to everyone. Our kids would have preferred no port days because of the fun they experienced on board. I think these leaders put their whole heart into making this a fun experience for the teens & preteens.
Old March 14th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Luisa, Family Cruise Edit

I cruised Hawaii w/NCL last year and found the ship to be family friendly. While the youth couselor on our voyage for my daughter's age was not friendly, the rest of the crew was. I particularly liked all the Hawaiian cultural activities the ships offer -- my daughter and I saw great Hawaiian dance shows, made leis together, etc. Those activities were memorable and unique since we did them together.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old March 15th, 2005, 01:06 PM
familcruiser

"While the youth couselor on our voyage for my daughter's age was not friendly, the rest of the crew was. " Don't you think that the person who it would be most important to be friendly in terms of being a good family cruiseline would be the youth counselors?

I found NCL's kids program to be atrocious.