Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Passenger

Default Cruises that have cabins with pull-out couches

Hi,

My wife and I have been on 3 RCL cruises. We are looking to go on another cruise with my 5 year old. We just went to an all inclusive in Mexico that had a pull out couch for sleeping that worked out great. We would like to be in a cabin with some type of pull-out for sleeping. I know Disney has them. The RCL cabins we had were very small, but we have not been on some of the bigger ships. What other lines offer some type of pull out? We are looking at Carnival and RCL, maybe Disney. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are looking at going in the Fall. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Admiral

The Freedom class ships of RCCL have sofabeds
The mini-suites on Princess have sofabeds
Old May 5th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Passenger

Thanks Lisa!!

Do all of the Freedom class ships of RCCL have sofabeds regardless of what cabin you are in? I would most likely choose an inside stateroom or maybe an ocean view room. Thanks.
Old May 5th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Passenger

Lisa,

Are there other options for sleeping 3 in one room. I have read about beds that come out of the wall and also rollaways. Those options would work well also. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Old May 5th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

You can get cabins that sleep 3 or 4. I cruised on Carnival Inspiration last year with my kids and we had four in the room. It was bunkbeds. We also cruised on RCI with three of us this past spring. On of the beds came down from the wall.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old May 8th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Yeoman

I have cruised all the major family friendly cruise lines and cabin configurations vary greatly. You really have to inquire directly w/the line. Most do have a pull out couch for sleeping for three and an upper berth/bunk bed for four people.

I just got back from a Disney Cruise with my almost 5 year old who had a blast! Really great family experience for pre-schoolers and grade school kids. Free character b'fasts, short lines for pix w/characters, fireworks at night, great shows in the evening for kids, and fun youth program.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old May 8th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Admiral

palmtreelover1 - just go to RCCL's web site and click on the deck plans for the Freedom of the Seas. We are booked in a balcony cabin and we have a sofa bed, there are also balcony cabins with pullman style beds.
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Yeoman

Weve been on RCLs Enchantment, Navigator, Mariner and Brilliance. Each time we had a balcony cabin with a pull out couch. On Brilliance, we also had a pullman bed. On the first three, to save space we brought an inflatable sleeping bag for our son to use, then just stood it up against the wall during the day (if you use the sofa bed, they set it up and break it down each day-we used it to store stuff). On Brilliance, our son used the pullman bed and loved it (it had a rail that popped up so he couldnt fall out). He was almost 4 at the time. It freed up space for the portable crib that our baby girl slept in.

alison
PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal