Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2006, 08:38 PM
First Mate

Default Question for those who cruised with a baby...

We've been cruising with our daughter (now 4) since she was 2. We've done 3 with her....she did great. Well, I just found out I'm pregnant! I see some of you have cruised with as young as 7mo old! WOW. My question is, just how enjoyable was it for you? My husband is like, "No way!" He wants to wait til the baby is at least 2. What was your experience for children under 2?
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Passenger

We will be taking our daughter who will be 5 months when we sail. Our son was also 2 on his first cruise, so this will be our first baby experience. We took our son on a beach vacation when he was 6 months, and based on this we think our daughter will be the perfect age. At this poing there is no running around for her, so like our son a 1.5-2 hour dinner was no problem. There was so much going on to see people to "talk" to and toys to chew. Later we would go to shows, the boardwalk etc he would fall alseep in his stroller or sling and be quite content. We just put him in the crib when we got home. Our daughter has an even easier disposition than our son. So in theory it will be great. I can definately let you know when we get back september 10th!

Kim
Old July 7th, 2006, 04:06 PM
First Mate

That would be great, would love to hear how it goes. What cruise line are you going to do Kim?
Old July 8th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Passenger

We are sailing on RCCL's freedom of the seas! I can't wait! I will definately give you all the full report when we get back

Kim
Old July 10th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Yeoman

I sailed w/my son when he was seven months old. YOu have to haul a lot of baby stuff but it's a good way to go with infants in that one spouse can watch the baby at night and the other can go see a show, etc. on the ship. Make sure you read "Bringing the Baby" article I wrote -- it's on the main family cruise page. It offers practical advice.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old July 13th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Quote:
My husband is like, "No way!" He wants to wait til the baby is at least 2. What was your experience for children under 2?
thanks!
My advice? Leave your husband at home with the baby and go with your older daughter. She will have so much fun in Adventure Ocean that you will be able to party and get wild in the disco and have a great time.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old July 14th, 2006, 05:32 PM
First Mate

hey thanks. That article was great Luisa.
Yea...leave the cruise addicted hubby at home, uh huh!

Anyway...close your eyes if you dont want TMI..... i miss carried so, anyway, there is always next time.

Thanks for the info, just incase!
Old July 14th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

So Sorry Kimbo. Love the one you have and it will happen when it is right. My brothers wife MC'd twice but is now having their second healthy baby.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10