Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Beginner

Default Cruising with 3yr old and 1yr old in one cabin

We are going on an 8 day eastern caribbean cruise on royal caribbean in a few weeks. We are taking our 13 month old and 3 year old with us. The grandparents are paying so we didn't have much say in our room. We have an oceanview room for all 4 of us and I am very concerned that we will be up all night waking one another up.

Also, it seems that there are not many activities for my 13 month old. I am starting to get very nervous about this vacation....please help!
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruising with 3yr old and 1yr old in one cabin

At 13mos, kiddo will be pretty much observing stuff rather than actively partipating. Aboard ship there will not be much activities for the kiddo, so just stick in in an umbrella type mini stroller and haul him around to where the action is, whether poolside, shopping arcade, or etc. For 3yo, there will be some kiddo activities aboard. Try for shore excursions involving trams, bus, or glass bottom boats where minimal shuffling is required and there is shade (good both for kiddos and grandparents). If hitting Key West, do the Conch Train and the aquarium, also on some islands there are butterfly farms which are cool for 13mos kiddos. If on Cayman do the turtle farm. Will be tight quarters with 4, but all ships are tight quarters compared to hotels. Ask at the front desk about possible sitting services.

Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyzmom
We are going on an 8 day eastern caribbean cruise on royal caribbean in a few weeks. We are taking our 13 month old and 3 year old with us. The grandparents are paying so we didn't have much say in our room. We have an oceanview room for all 4 of us and I am very concerned that we will be up all night waking one another up.

Also, it seems that there are not many activities for my 13 month old. I am starting to get very nervous about this vacation....please help!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Yeoman

Don't get nervous! It'll be a positive experience.

Is your 3 yr. old potty trained? If so then she/he can go to the kids' program. For your 13 month old there is the Aqua Babies classes (45 min. held daily) in which you or your husband participate with your baby in a fun, interactive play time. Also, RCI has private in room babysitting for little ones 12 months and older. So actually you're going on a very family friendly line for little ones.

Feel free to ask any add'l q's.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gynor
Family Cruise Editor