Old March 15th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Passenger

Default "dry" snorkling

One of the ports (Cozemel, I think) has an excursion that is using a kayak with a clear bottom to go over a coral reef. Has anyone done this and what did you think?
Old March 18th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Passenger

Default Re: "dry" snorkling

I lived in the Florida Keys for eleven years and had friends with "glass" bottomed boats. Sure, you can see more underwater that way but it's nothing like snorkeling... if you're not going to get in the water you might as well look at pictures or a video... snorkeling can be wonderful...a Plexiglas window just doesn't cut it. The guys I know with boats equipped that way did it to find good dive spots..
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Admiral

i agree with KeyLime - especially in Cozumel there is nothing like being in the water, great snorkeling in Cozumel .
Old March 20th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Passenger

If you never snorkeled give it a try in a pool beforehand, you will find it easy even for those who are not strong swimers.
After an hour or so it gets very easy, the fun starts after you stop thinking about sinking.