Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Passenger

Default New Cruiser/ Carnival Triumph

Hello,

First time cruiser here hoping that my experience on the Triumph will be an enjoyable one. I hope I haven't made a mistake booking inside on the riviera deck. I did not book a guarantee stateroom and I see all these others recieving upgrades. Our cabin is mid aft riviera deck #1378 and it also states this stateroom has two uppers and assuming these uppers are inside the ceiling they will not be all that noticable. We are a couple mid 40's looking for a relaxed atmosphere (meaning less formal) aswell as some party and night life but at the same time I am hoping that the deck and area I have chosen for our stateroom will offer some peace and quiet aswell as minimize our chances of getting seasick. Does one ever get upgraded if they haven't booked guarantee, I am not sure I want to be upgraded if it is to the main deck as it seems it would be far more noisy being underneath the dining rooms and galley...ect. This is a terrific website and I would like to say thank you to those who operate it and thanks to all who participate. I have been lurking for a little while and have found so much useful information here. Now that I am actually booked I thought I would register.

Barb
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Barb.. first off.. Welcome Aboard! Glad you decided to register and join in.

I've sailed the Triumph several times, and I have no doubt you'll have a great cruise. I wouldn't worry much about your accomodation. An upgrade isn't all that likely, with you booking a specific cabin. But I wouldn't worry.
You'll be too busy enjoying the ship and your first cruise.

The beds will just be two twins, moved together (if you like) to form a queen size bed.
Old November 20th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Passenger

Thank you for the welcome Kuki,

I was a little worried about being at the bottom of the ship. I hope it will be reasonably quiet. Two twins converting to a queen is perfect. Thank you for responding. I am not worried anymore about an upgrade infact I don't really think I want one and as for the size of the inside room, I surely hope I won't be spending much time inside anyhow with so much else to see on the ship. 62 days and counting!

Barb
Old November 20th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Captain

i have sail twice on the triumph and we enjoyed ourselfs found the staff
to be friendly and helpfull the cabin was always neat and clean shows
were great we always stay on the riviera deck its always nice and quiet
the nice thing about the rivier deck is when go to your shore trips you
only have to go down flight stairs and get off you don' have to bother
withe the elevator everyone will trying to use them at once
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:29 AM
Passenger

Thank you Paddletoe, it's good to hear that it's quiet and the Triumph seems to be a good choice for us. I never even thought about the easier access to getting off the ship but that makes sense now that you mention it. Wonderful. Thank you replying.

Barb
Old November 21st, 2005, 03:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I've stayed in an inside cabin on the Riviera deck on several Carnival ships and never had any issues. Its quiet and since its the lowest deck, little to no movement.
Old November 21st, 2005, 04:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

I purposely booked a stateroom on the bottom deck toward the stern to be out of the way. I can also be in my stateroom about 10 seconds after boarding.

I also worried that they might upgrade me but found out it would be unlikely given my circumstances.

I booked outside because there was really little difference in price between outside and inside staterooms, at least that was the case on HAL.

I'm glad to know that not everyone looks on the bottom deck as where the peasants sleep.

-Steve
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:26 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the replies everyone, I am so excited just to be cruising for the first time. I am sure I will be in awe of the ship's size and amazed by everything, I have never seen a cruise ship aside from TV. I think I made a good choice for our budget and needs. Good point seattle guy, I will be able to be exploring the rest of the ship by the time everyone else has waited for the elevators and hunted out there cabin. Can anyone tell me if the muster drill then is just before departure or later once we are sailing?

Thanks for the comments and reassurance.

Barb