Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jbfree
Default Will i find single men my age on Imagination?

Hi everyone, I'm starting to be concerned because I've read the average cruiser is 45 and older. I'm a single 32 yr old women traveling w/ some friends. I'm not going onthe cruise to find love but it would be nice to have someone to look at or talk to. I fear going and being surrounded by a bunch of old men. Does anyone know if there is usually 30 yr old men on cruises? I'm going on Imagination in July.
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Passenger

The average might be true on some cruise lines, but Carnival has a much younger crowd and is geared to a more party atmosphere. I was 27 on my first cruise. Two of my friends went a few years back (they were 27 & 28). Usually cruise lines will seat you with people in your age group.
Old February 12th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jbfree

Ok thanks for answering me, I was a little worried about that. Thanks
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Will i find single men my age on Imagination?

More likely surrounded by a bunch of older couples on most lines. The advice you received is correct on Carnival, which has a younger and single demographic, as well as RCI. Both may also have an assortment of married or single folk with kiddos, tweens, and teens.

Have fun - I guess at 51 I have passed my old man and the sea days and have finally become the ancient mariner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfree
Hi everyone, I'm starting to be concerned because I've read the average cruiser is 45 and older. I'm a single 32 yr old women traveling w/ some friends. I'm not going onthe cruise to find love but it would be nice to have someone to look at or talk to. I fear going and being surrounded by a bunch of old men. Does anyone know if there is usually 30 yr old men on cruises? I'm going on Imagination in July.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old March 13th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Beginner

Default My question is similar

I felt the same way, but everyone has assured me that I should be able to find someone near my age to hang out with, have dinner, etc...
Good luck to you, stay positive. I am cruising on the Liberty on June 6th, I'm 31. So, some of the younger crowd cruises. To be honest though, my only experience on a 2 day cruise was after meeting a wonderful older couple from Florida. We sailed to the Bahamas and they taught me so much about that ship in particular, and we had a fantastic time. I wish I could find Bob and his wonderful wife again.

C
Old March 13th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well I'm in Tn, originaly from Syracuse area, and mid to late 30 something. 'm sailing in July as well, just not on the same ship. Check the "Roll Call" sections for your particular line and ship