Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default first cruise info

My dh and I are planning on doing our first cruise next year. He is determined to do the disney dream...I am not against that just wondering if it is worth the extra money. It is going to be just he and I so not worried about the family stuff. I have seen how you all post never pay brochure price or list price..how do you get good deals on cruises and not pay sticker price? Where should I be looking for deals at?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Your best bet is to find a good cruise travel agent and check with them for dates that work for you. Just be on the lookout for specials, look at the ads on this site as well. I would also look at different cruiselines and not limit yourself to just one.

Why is DH wanted to just do Disney, even when traveling with no kids? Just curious as to what he's looking for in a cruise and what ports do you want to visit?

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Welcome Newcomer

We enjoy disney very much..plus castaway cay looks amazing..the fact that we would be on a brand new ship..sodas are free..the water slide going out over the ocean looks super fun and
they have no kid allowed spots. Those are his main reasons, mine also but I am thinking super expensive and is it worth the extra money? Thanks for your reply and help.
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You do have some valid reason to cruise Disney, but at what price. That will be for you to decide....There are some really nice newer Royal Caribbean ships that have all the bells and whistles, you may want to price those out and compare....You may find you can do almost two cruises for the price of the one...

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Admiral

I would like to point out that many cruise lines have ships with adult only areas. Whatever you deide, you will have a fun cruise.
Old February 17th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Welcome Newcomer

thanks...will look into those.