Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2014, 11:29 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Going to Belize!

Well, I hope, anyhow. I have never been on an actual cruise before. Something about the water doesnt sit well with me. Hence why I joined the air force instead of the navy. I am planning to go sometime next year, but have absolutely no clue where to start. Do I need a passport? Who would I talk to about getting a trip like this set up? Which class do i take? (or whatever its called on a ship). Any information would be appreciated. I will do what i can to answer any questions to make advice giving easier.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You can do some research yourself and narrow down where you want to cruise, what islands, etc. I would then contact a good cruise travel agent to further help you in the booking process....I have a feeling you'd enjoy a cruise...

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 24th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Captain

Default Travel Agent should be your first step after Cruisemate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wood View Post
Well, I hope, anyhow. I have never been on an actual cruise before. Something about the water doesnt sit well with me. Hence why I joined the air force instead of the navy. I am planning to go sometime next year, but have absolutely no clue where to start. Do I need a passport? Who would I talk to about getting a trip like this set up? Which class do i take? (or whatever its called on a ship). Any information would be appreciated. I will do what i can to answer any questions to make advice giving easier.

Thanks in advance!
You took the first step correctly by coming to Cruisemates. You should check under subject listings the name of the location you are traveling, such as Belieze. Most important get a competent travel agent who can give you advice based on experience on different ships and with various cruise lines and cruise destinations. Good travel agent will get you best price for what you want on cruise.
Old July 24th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Admiral

Welcome to Cruise Mates. You definitely want to get a passport. You can start here. U.S. Passports & International Travel

There is plenty to do in Belize. Check it out and talk to a travel agent. You might find you just want to fly down to Belize a City and spend all your time there.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014