Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Gambling and Games
Register Forgot Password?

Gambling and Games Slots, Blackjack, Bingo, Bridge & more

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2003, 05:09 PM
New Yorker

Default About Bingo

A stupid question....I have not played bingo since my youth, and cannot recall how this is played....recently went on a cruise and wanted to play, but did not have a clue. Is it possible for someone to explain the procedure on this board???

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: About Bingo

I'm sure you can find out detailed info on the web someplace but I'll explain what I've found on the ships.

You buy a bingo card for $10 or 3 for $20 for each game. At the top of the card are the letters B-I-N-G-O and under each letter are numbers in a column. In the middle of the card is a free space. The caller (operator) of the game has a full set of balls each with a number on it in a sphere of some sort which he rolls around until one ball appears in the slot. He calls this number and if you have that number on your card you mark it.

There are several different games, but the most common is to get marks in a straight line either vertically, horizontally or diagonally across your card. That's a bingo! Other games include getting all four corners or a complete blackout (all your numbers on the card).

The prizes can be big too. One table companion of ours won a 7 day cruise for two on Bingo. And when they were on this free cruise they won another free cruise for a win in Bingo.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 13th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: About Bingo

How many games do you play for your $10 or $20 investment?
Thanks,
Dave & Susan

New Pacific Princess
July 1, 2003
Old March 5th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: About Bingo

Should we bring our bingo dobbers or are those provided? Also, any pattern games?
Old July 2nd, 2003, 10:14 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: About Bingo

I have sailed on the Norwegian Majesty twice so far. My third time will be on August 3, back to Bermuda. I love playing bingo, but find it to be very costly on the cruise ships, and they change the prices and, # of cards for that price, several times during the week. But to play bingo, they use paper cards. These cards are scored so that you just push the number through and bend it back. They play different bingo patterns all the time. You will not need daubers. They also have computerized bingo now, but I think it takes the fun of playing away. The machines are programmed with games inside them already. You just put in the number that is called, and hit enter. The machine marks that number on each of your cards. It even tells you when to Yell Bingo! I prefer the old-fashioned way myself. Hope this answers some of your questions. I'm not sure how it is done on other ships though.