Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2000, 06:05 PM
First Mate

Default Friends of Dorothy meetings on Sun

Hi everyone. Thought I read somewhere once that Princess hosts 'Friends of Dorothy' gettogethers on their ships. Is this true? I'm sailing on Oct 20 on the Sun Princess from San Juan to San Jose for a Panama Canal cruise and would like to meet other family members. Thanks! Steve
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2000, 08:12 PM
thulewx

Default RE: Friends of Dorothy meetings on Sun

I don't think they host them on a regular basis. From what I've gathered, it's a case of someone going to the cruise director at the beginning of the cruise and suggesting it - if he gets more than one or two requests ( & is "friendly") he may make an effort to include it, but I wouldn't expect it - talk to your cruise director directly & be up front. We ARE everywhere! Hell, I live in Northern Greenland and there's 5-6 known to me here out of 600 - we have the best time possible ( and we're going en masse to the Feb 11-18 RSVP cruise).
Carnival Victory 15-22 Oct 2000
QE2 22-27 Oct 2000
Ocean Princess 29 Oct - 5 Nov
Ocean Princess 5-12 Nov...
Betty Ford 13 Nov - 31 Dec 2000 ;-)
Old September 25th, 2000, 05:25 PM
TomPapp

This is a funny story. We met a gay couple about Century earlier this month who cruised RCCL last year. One day they noticed in the daily paper a "Friends of Dorothy" meeting. They were a little surprised to see this, but thought hey, cool.

They showed up at the get together at the scheduled time that day to find a room full of little old ladies. Obviously, this 'Friends of Dorothy' phrase was being used by someone else too. Maybe Dorothy?? <G>
Old September 25th, 2000, 09:53 PM
First Mate

.....Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Michael
Old October 2nd, 2000, 03:53 AM
BEAV

We were quite surprised to find a "Friends of Dorothy" meeting posted in one of the daily activity guides aboard the NCL Sky this past February. One other couple showed up, and we all had a nice time chatting & getting acquainted! The other couple cruise frequently and knew the Cruise Director on that ship and stated that she arranges meetings all the time.