Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Jerry and Kirk

Default INCREASED security at ports

My partner Kirk and I have noticed increased security in the last 6 months at different ports. Expect MORE random checks of carry-on luggage......be careful what you bring aboard folks ! Saw sniffing dogs in Honolulu (twice), Los Angeles and Sydney. When I passed through a security arch at a port, all the bells and whistles SCREAMED and I was told to pass thru again. And 3 more times later I was ushered away by a security guard and frisked and scanned again. You gotta know I broke out in a sweat. Why did the bells go off ??? Stupidly, I was wearing suspenders UNDER my shirt........da, Jerry ! Kirk had his mini pocket knife confiscated that was on his key chain.......da, Kirk !

A suggestion about your key-card/boarding pass..........take it to the pursers office and have a hole punched in one corner of it after you unpack..... there will be shorter lines then. Buy a lanyard, the type that has a hook/clip at the gift shop ($3) or purchase one before you leave home.....about a dollar. Wear the attached card around your neck (inside or out your shirt/blouse....your choice) at all times. I can remember a number of times I left my card behind in the cabin and had to return to the cabin when I was already at the other end of the ship....phew, what jog ! Also, hang the lanyard on the back of the door knob in your cabin.....less likely to forget it as you exit.

Any other comments about security ???

Jerry & Kirk 30 + cruises

Jerry & Kirk

30 + cruises
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: INCREASED security at ports

Jerry, funny story about the suspenders!

Oh how I long for those days when you did not have to go thru all that Customs rig-a-ma-row when coming back from Mexico.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old April 29th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Jerry and Kirk

No comments from anyone beside Harry ???
Old April 29th, 2004, 03:17 PM
CF

reminds me of a post on another board about bringing pot on board. Why anyone would even contemplate doing something like that given the security now is beyond me.

Chris

4 cruises and counting(trying to catch Jerry & Kirk)
Old April 30th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Jerry and Kirk

Default Re: Re: INCREASED security at ports

I agree with you CF, but some people never get it !

A short story: It was the last night of a Mexico cruise and I was on the sports deck enjoying the balmy weather and star gazing......all alone. The captain announced on the loud speakers that anyone who may have purchased drugs (and anything else illegal) while in Mexico should seriously consider getting rid of them before we docked in the moring and had to face a customs officer, he said. About 10 minutes later, 50 or so passengers showed up on the sports deck and started tossing their purchase overboard, including baby stuffed alligators (also illegal). What a sight !!! Wished I'd had my camera with me to capture the moment !

Jerry 30 + cruises
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Jerry, too funny.

My favorite story along those lines was that some idiot packed drugs into his suitcase and checked it prior to arriving back in LA (you know, when you leave 'em outside your cabin the last night of the cruise).

Well, back at the pier, those nice drug-sniffing dogs found the contraband, and the passenger was thoughtful enough to give his name and cabin number on the luggage tag.

Needless to say, disembarkation was held up for awhile till the guy was arrested.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!