Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2004, 09:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default ft lauderdale hotel

We are going on the RSVP cruise in Feb 2005, we're looking for a hotel on the beach to stay at nearby, any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2004, 12:13 PM
thulewx

Default Re: ft lauderdale hotel

My personal favorite is Pineapple Point guest house, for all gay housing - superb service, great accomodations, great ambience, great amenities, but a bit pricey (you get what you pay for). If you're looking for mixed, try Embassy Suites - there will be a huge bunch staying there pre-cruise. RSVP's website has some others listed, but you have to snoop around the webpage to find them...
Old August 3rd, 2004, 03:14 PM
Passenger

My partner and I will be on that cruise as well. I checked out a lot of the hotels in FL and they were pretty pricey because of the time of year. We opted to fly to Tampa and stay a few days with my mother in law, then drive to Fort Lauderdale on Sunday morning.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 05:08 PM
Passenger

My vote is for Royal Palms which is located near the beach and an easy journey to both airport and cruise terminal. Royal Palms is long established, superbly maintained and all gay. The friendliness of the staff and excellent facilities and services set it at the top level amongst the variety of good properties in Fort Lauderdale.

I discovered it through World's Foremost Gay and Lesbian Hotels, a new organization of the best small g+l properties around the world. Link is http://www.foremostgayhotels.com
Old August 4th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Paul Rodgers

Marc and I stayed at the Yankee Clipper Sheraton. Got a good rate on Expedia ( it was about $100/night and perfect for what we needed. It was right on the beach........close to the pier.........room was "fine"........nothing special but we were more interested in a reasonable price for the night. Good luck
Old August 4th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Passenger

We've stayed at the Worthington and it is pretty cool. Nice rooms, nice hosts, nice guys around the pool. Not a problem.
Old August 6th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: ft lauderdale hotel

We stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Trader last year. On the beach and farther North than Yankee Clipper. Good price and location. Trying the Clipper for 2 nights post Millenium Nov 28. Want to be closer to the port for convenience of watching the ships leave the day before us. Glad to hear you had a good experience Paul.
Old August 12th, 2004, 02:16 PM
JonNKel

I just booked a room for us at the Palm Plaza Resort for a 1 night post-cruise stay 11/14. Reasonable rates, nice looking property, location looks to be ok. We just needed something for the one night since the airfare deal I got required us to return home a day after we get off the ship. And I wanted to keep the money in the family.
Old August 12th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Todd&Troy

When Troy and I did our Southern Carribean cruise, we were able to get the Hyatt Pier 66 for $90 on Priceline. That was for the rooms surrounding the pool, but when we arrived, I asked and you could upgrade to a tower room for $20 or $30 more with a view of the intercoastal and/or Port Everglades. It was great to walk around the docks - keep reading :-) - and see all the beautiful yachts up close. I don't think parking was an additional charge, but that's something you would want to check since that can be anywhere from $5 - $20+ a night. Have a great cruise, and like always, I want to hear all about it.

Cheers,
Todd
Old August 13th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Familiar Face

We've always stayed at the Marriott Marina which is across from the port. The Water Bus has a stop right at the hotel so you can easily get to Las Olas and back without a car or cab ($5 all day travel). We'd tried to stay at some of the gay guesthouses but they usually have a minimum stay requirement that we can't meet.
Old August 15th, 2004, 10:36 PM
TonyV

Holiday Day Inn express as well as Embassy Suites are right there on 17th Street Causway, within spitting distance from the Port. Oh Jeez, sorry about the "spitting" reference, how crude; at any rate it is very close! Have a great trip! TonyV
Old August 16th, 2004, 10:05 AM
TonyV

Oh sorry... scratch my last post, I re-read your inquiry and you did say you wanted a hotel on the beach. I have got to learn to respond to these post while sober! You guys have a great trip! TonyV
Old August 16th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Tom Schaefer

Thanks Doug B...all the times I have stayed at the Marriott and saw the water taxis, never knew they would take you to las Olas......how cool can you get.
Me I will be at Pinapple Point for a three day pre RSVP cruise rest and de-stress. Hope to be able to meet fellow passengers for a drink prior to the cruise to break the ice.
Look forward to all sailing on this trip.
Old August 16th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Familiar Face

Enjoy your trip - I know you will. Unless a cruise to the caribbean is incredibly cheap, I think we've done it enough times and see most of the islands - after awhile, they all look the same. We're thinking another Med. trip next year or a couple weeks in Italy hitting the highlights.
Old August 17th, 2004, 01:46 PM
beartraprr

Right now, and I do not have any idea how long it is going to take them - The port entrance off of 17th Street Causway is closed while they build a permanent security structure which they JUST started working on....So to get in the port you have to go all the way around on Federal Highway (US1) to Eller Road to gain entrance.

Knowing the way things work down here I doubt it will be done by the time the RSVP cruise sails.

My point being, if you're picking a hotel for easy of entrance to the port you need to re-think that.

But WHO CARES.....Once we are onboard for the cruise it won't matter anymore.

PS.......As for the RSVP cruise in February, we will be doing a BON VOYAGE Party again at The Cubbyhole the night before. They have a web site, do a local search, we're not allowed to mention URL's here.

Just 187 days to go.......WAY TOO LONG
Old August 17th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

thanks for the tips Bear !!

Old August 19th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Beginner

The Elysium Resort is a two minute walk to the gay beach and is a lovely resort. I've stayed there twice and love it. It's great fun. Last time i was there a group of guys from an Atlantis cruise were there.

800-533-4744 Gary and Steve are hosts, tell them Sam from FunMaps sent you.
Old August 20th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks, I called the Elysium resort, they have a 3 night min at that time of year.

Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:24 PM
BrianNC

I have two for you...

The Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa or the Hyatt Regency Pier 66...

Both are excellent choices, Hyatt is just off the beach on the causeway, but great service and restaurants with a nice roof top lounge. Marriott is right on the beach. Both with easy access to the port.

If you are there the night before, only a short drive to BlueMoon Cafe, located at Commercial and the intercoastal waterway. Excellent food and atmosphere....

Have a great time!
Old September 1st, 2004, 11:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for all of the choices guys