Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Chris Jackson

Default Any gay hotspots for day trips in Eastern Caribbean?

Wondering if there's any gay hot spots (resorts, nude beaches, etc.) in either San Juan, Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas), Philipsburg (St. Maarten), or Tortola that would be relatively easy to get there for a day excursion?

Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Any gay hotspots for day trips in Eastern Caribbean?

Chris...I've heard of one place in St. Thomas and two places in St. Martin (French side). The place in St. Thomas is Little Magens Bay Beach and in St. Martin there is a gay beach called Cupecoy (sp?) and a really beautiful nude beach called Orient beach. I've never been to the gay beach, just heard about it. St. Thomas and St. Martin are really beautiful places. I'm sure you will enjoy both places! They are all easy to get to by taxi.
Old December 29th, 2004, 12:47 AM
jimnbillnpa

Hey Chris-

I used to live on St. Thomas. If you go down to Magen's Bay and walk on to the beach, look to your far right. Past the end of the beach, the trees come down to the water. Just a little farther on you'll see another beach. You can walk to it through the water, if you carry everything on your head, or, if driving, go past the road leading down to Magens Beach. You'll come to a spot along the road where a path leads down into the woods (there used to be a gate). The path winds back and forth down to the beach. But be warned! There used to be occasional robberies and other minor assaults so it is definitely At Your Own Risk. If you have any questions, e-mail me. It's been 10 years since I lived down there, but will be stopping on a cruise in March.
Old January 1st, 2005, 12:10 AM
Snick's Guy

Just back from St Maarten two weeks ago. Went to Cupicoy (sp) Beach. Thoroughly enjoyed it. About aq 30 min taxi ride from the port. $5 fee for chairs and umbrellas. The guy that watches over the beach will bring you drinks and BBQ if you like. There are a series of 3 seperate beaches, the last being "gay", but some straights there. All beaches are nude. Great beach and very pretty. Nice wooded trail area on the bluffs over the beach if you chose to take a little "hike".
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:23 AM
Chris Jackson

Default Re: Re: Any gay hotspots for day trips in Eastern Caribbean?

Thanks for the info... can you possibly provide more specifics? How do I know I'm at the last beach? What do I tell the taxi driver to ensure I'm at the right beach? Is there much of a problem finding a taxi to take back to the pier?

I'd also love to find some information on what to do for the day in San Juan - I hear that's a gay mecca.
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:55 PM
a Sint Maarten resident

absolutely: try the Cupecoy beach in Sint Maarten (Dutch side). One of the best gay nude beaches in the caribbean.
Old February 6th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Chris Jackson

Any other suggestions? Cruise is in two weeks.
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:10 PM
chiromig

Default Re: Re: Any gay hotspots for day trips in Eastern Caribbean?

In San Juan you can take a taxi to the Atlantic Beach hotel. It is a gay hotel with a nice bar deck over looking the ocean. The beach in front is also gay. The bar usually gets crowded after work hours since alot of the men meet their "buddies" before heading back home to their wives.