Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Snick's Guy

Default Carnival Elation Sept 25

On Carnival's Elation Sept 25. Who else is on board?
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Snick's Guy

Default Re: Carnival Elation Sept 25

bump
Old August 8th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Snick's Guy

Default Re: Re: Carnival Elation Sept 25

Ok, our group keeps growing. Three more have booked on, so we are up to six confirmed, with another 2-3 still talking of tagging along.

Would be interested to hear from anyone else planning on this voyage.
Old August 14th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Elation Sept 25

My partner and I just confirmed our reservations on the Elation 9/25. We live in Houston and will be driving to Galveston Sunday morning.
Old August 14th, 2005, 09:04 PM
jjj

Looks like we are up to 8!
Old August 18th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Lara

We are planning to book as well. Sound like a party is brewing?
Old August 19th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Snick's Guy

Ok, looks as though we have a group beginning to build. Look forward to meeting you all on board. Our group has early dinner (615 I think), and will be in the piano bar most nights after either dinner or the show. We'll be looking for you all!
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:50 PM
jjj

Bump
Old August 31st, 2005, 12:21 PM
Cruzeboy

Hey I work onborad and we should set up a beach party in Cozumel, and all get 2 gether, like I am one of the Social Hosts onboard so hope to see you after hours around the ship and were paid to socialize with you!

Just keep it direcret!

Hope to see you all soon!
Old August 31st, 2005, 09:08 PM
Snick's Guy

Cruzeboy---

We'll be looking for you. Getting together to party in Cozumel sounds fun. We'll be in the piano bar on the first night aboard after the first show is over, and then, we should be hanging out in the disco after that.

See you in just a few weeks!
Old September 3rd, 2005, 08:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Please check your reservations things have changed, if you don't know what i am talking about see my post GOOD DEED FOR THE DAY. It will explain

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 4th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Beginner

Default This sailing is cancelled...

Just got the call that they will be using the Elation to house evacuees from Hurricane Katrina. Carnival is refunding 100% but it may take 4 weeks to process. The article in today's paper in Houston only listed the Ecstacy as affected not the Elation. But I am glad that Carnival has committed to help out, apparently until at least March 2006. Oh well some other ship, some other day.
Old September 5th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

The Elation will do the Ecstasy trips, which means it will be 3 or 4 or 5 day cruises. Conquest will take over the 7 day.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 5th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Snick's Guy

Just got back from our Labor Day weekend trip and received a voice mail message from our travel agent about this cruise being cancelled.

We called in tonight and booked a new cruise on The Caribbean Princess for October the first.

Please see the new Caribbean Princess thread (and cross your fingers this cruise doesn't get cancelled).
Old September 5th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Snick's Guy

Cruize Boy---

Our entire group was looking forward to meeting you on the Elation.

Maybe another time....
Old September 6th, 2005, 11:00 PM
James Szwankowski

For those of you considering a cruise, think twice before booking Carnival or using Cruises Only. I have traveled on Carnival serveral times and used Cruises Only many times only to be trown out with the trash when Carnival offered the Elation to house victims of the huricane.

We had a trip booked for the Sept 25 sail which has now been cancelled. Carnival did nothing more than offer a $100 cruise credit on a future cruise. The problem is Carnival nor Cruises Only has an interest in helping those of us who have had thier vacations cancelled. Carnival has other ships with space available, but rather than allow displaced customers move thier reservation to another ship with a similar itenerary, they require you rebook from scratch, and in our case at triple the fare. When I contacted my travel agent, Cruises Only, the rep also has no interest in helping us find a new trip. His response was find a trip you want and call us back. When I asked for his supervisor he hung up on me. I called back, spoke to a supervisor named Star. She assured me she would follow up on the service of the male rep that had hung up on me, however, no follow up.

We spent nine hours on web sites and phone trying to find another trip, fortunatly I found *edited for commercial content*. She was simpathetic to the situation and found a great rate on a Princess trip otherwise I would be spending this vacation at home. Thank you Quinn!

If you want service, think about any cruise line but Carnival and think twice before booking with Cruises Only.
Old September 9th, 2005, 10:08 PM
G&D

"If you want service, think about any cruise line but Carnival .."

Although Princess Cruises has been purchased by the Carnival Corp., we can breathe a sigh of relief that Princess has not been "Carnival-ized". While I understand that this incident is isolated due to unforseen circumstances, it only adds to the LONG litany of Carnival's cut-rate careless ways.

I've always had good luck with Princess when it comes to quality and dependability. I'm sure those of you booked will, too.

Happy sailing!

G&D
Old September 14th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Familiar Face

I agree with the above post. Carnival has financially taken advantage of those of us that were previously booked on one of their cancelled cruises. I have sailed with them six times in the past. I will no longer take another Carnival cruise. The right thing to do was to allow those who had their cruises cancelled to transfer to another ship that had a very similar itinerary with the same sail date at the same cost paid on the cancelled cruise.

Shame on carnival!