Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Proposing Marriage

Hey everyone. I'm going to be proposing to my partner on the ship. Has anyone heard of gay couples doing this and if so what are your ideas on different things I can do to make it more memorable?
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

How wonderful!

Gee, you can't go wrong most anywhere -- a stroll along the promenade in the moonlight, at dinner, perhaps dinner in the extra fee restaurant, at the front of the ship (a la Titanic)??

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old December 30th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Admiral

How very romantic. I'd think a private moment on deck.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 12:17 PM
Beginner

Default Proposing

what an absolutely wonderful idea... don't forget that you can also enlist the help of the crew for the small fee of a tip or two... I don't know where you are going, but a sunset on a beach would be pretty memorable too...

I like the last post of the idea of the on-deck proposal via moonlight... maybe the night they have the choco-extravaganza...everyone will be crowding the chocolate bar, giving you the deck to yourselves. I would talk to the cruise director and tell him/her what you are going to do...then I would arrange for a musician to be "strolling" by at the right time to play for you...most of them have orchestra pits for the shows so I would get the violinist to play...then throughout the night I would have "spontaneous" toasts setup throughout the ship at key places. I would also ask the room steward to help and have the room decked out in flowers, champaigne, chocolates, engagement gift etc... when we got back to the room.

What cruise line are you going to be on? Let us know what ship as some of us may have been on the ship and have a good idea that would work with that particular ship...

good luck - you sound like a wonderful person to be so thoughtful - please post when you return so we all know how it went!
Old January 6th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Beginner

I too was intending to propose to my partner on our upcoming cruise this month. I had plans to have the ship deliver flowers to the room and then I was going to "plant" the ring box in the arrangement. However, my girlfriend was so disappointed not to have gotten a ring for Christmas that I gave it to her then in a weak moment! Have a great cruise and good luck with the planning of a special event.