Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Beginner

Default Atlantis vs RSVP

My partner and I (both 39) are trying to decide if we want to take an RSVP or Atlantis cruise. The cruises stops are basically the same (Barcelona, Greece, Turkey, Italy).

Solely based on your opinion, are there any big differences between the two?

Thanks!
Tom[/b]
Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Beginner

Hey guys

I have been a performer for Atlantis in the past and all I can say is that they know how to please a ship full of passengers. I had a great time working for them, they were professional and always helped when needed. During the cruise I saw Atlantis staff everywhere. They were always helpful and made everyone feel like FAMILY....

I would work for them again in a heartbeat, and if you decide on a gay cruise, you can not go wrong with Atlantis.

www.mindgaymes.com
Old March 9th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Guys
As a travel agent I would have to say both are good to deal with but I have had a really good experiance with Atlantis, both as a travel agent and a guest.

Best
Jeff
Old March 15th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Familiar Face

I went on an RSVP cruise a couple years ago. It was ok - a little older crowd than I was expecting. I dont know if I would do it again.

In April I will be on the Atlantis Hawaiian cruise, so I'll be able to compare them after that.

scott
Old March 20th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Passenger

We just got off out third Atlantis cruise. Had a blast as usual. Never been on an RSVP, so i can't comapre the crowds or the entertainment. One comparison that I can make though, is that I REALLY do like the casual dress code and the open seating arragement that Atlantis has on all their cruises. Obviously, many might feel differently, but I have no desire whatsoever to dress up for dinner, and certainly don't want a formal night. If you want to wear jeans and a nice T Shirt for dinner, that's perfectly OK on Atlantis. I'm on vacation, and that's how I dress. The open seating is great too. No early or late seating. When you want to eat, you eat. Makes planning the day so much easier and more flexible. And can someone explain to my why the RSVP caribbean cruise was about $200-$300 more expensive than Atlantis for a simliar itinerary? I paid $1350 for an unobsructed oceanview cabin on Atlantis. Similar cabin on RSVP was $1600!
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:02 AM
Passenger

I think the general consensus amongst the customers is that Atlantis has a bit of a skew with the younger crowd

But clearly Atlantis welcomes all ages
Old March 24th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Beginner

i agree with all the previous replies
atlantis really know how to please their customers...everything they do is well planned and executed.
i enjoy atlantis's shows, game shows, parties, dances. they also relax regulation about pools and hot tubs so you can go there 24 hour
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Familiar Face

I have been on 3 Atlantis Cruises so far and I am booked on the 2008 Liberty of the Seas Cruise. I can attest that Atlantis is extremely well organized and has always impressed me.

I actually wrote an article for Cruisemates a couple years ago which you might want to check out:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/gayles/Atlantis.cfm
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to CM Rob
Default Go on Both

I don’t think you can go wrong when choosing either Atlantis or RSVP, the cruise is going to be what you make of it. The solution is simple. Go on both! Have a fun and safe trip on whatever cruise you decide on.

Sea of Cortez - American Safari
Old August 15th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Passenger

We have done 3 Atlantis Cruises and are booked for a fourth next year. The are excellent. Have never sailed with RSVP. I've read lately that RSVP and it's parent company are having financial troubles.