Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2007, 09:51 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to calenmo
Default Atlantis | Cabin Share Question

Well...this is going to seem like a novice question, but I have never been on a cruise in the situation that I am now. I have a group of freinds that I travel with.......we have been on several cruises together. (RSVP Cruises...thats another story) Anyway, for the first time....I am cruising without a roommate so I am having to play roulette for a roommate in a "share category". I am curious as to how this exaclty works. Do you find out who your roommate is when you walk in the door......is there any kind of preliminary screenning? I typicallly get along and do well with most people, but am curious as to how this all works. Anyone with previous knowledge or recommendations would be appreciated.

Mark
Liberty Cruise 2008
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Beginner

Having done this solo share numberous time on RSVP and Atlantis I can give you a genenal idea of what to expect. Both company guarantee you will be paired by gender and smoking preference. I've always been paired up with someone in my age brackage so I do believe they try to take age into consideration. Your cabin mate's name is usually on your written confirmation, but that could change prior to departure. When you do the on-line checkin prior to departure your cabin names is also on the booking page and it might be possible to get contact information off the booking page as my cabin mate tried to do last year. I do not believe either company will give out contact information prior to the cruise. Atlantis puts in the cabin a letter to both parties how the sharing process should work and to be considerate of each one privacy and how to resolve issues should they arise. I have always had nice cabin mate without any problems. I just use the cabin to sleep and change. It's best to work out any issued on sleeping and privacy on the first day. If you can't work out any issues with your cabin mate then you should contact the Atlantis Staff and see what can be done which would be a rare exception. If you don't want to play room mate roulette there are two web board to look for cabin mates or to post for cabin mates prior to the cruise. Check out:

http://www.atlantis411.net/
http://groups.msn.com/AtlantisEvents

Bon Voyage and good luck.
Old June 7th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to calenmo
Default Thanks

Thanks for your helpful information.

Mark
www.msypace.com/calenmo