Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Passenger

Default Hot tip on staying healthy

In November we will take our 30th cruise. Until recently we ALWAYS seemed to get a bad cold while on board. During the last two cruised I have carried a small bottle of hand sanitizer, like "Purel", and an air sanitizer for the cabin.

When you think about it: In the buffet line, 1000 people touch that same spoon! And-- there are 1500 people in a closed environment.

We just use the sanitizer before we eat each meal, and I spray the cabin each morning and night. It seems to work and sure beats getting sick!
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Hot tip on staying healthy

great tips! i got into the habit of using the hand santizer since all those virus outbreaks
Old October 13th, 2003, 12:15 AM
p.g.

I just wash my hands with soap and water. Same effect. Years ago I asked my doctor if she got sick all the time since she spent all day in her office with sick people, she said no she jsut washed her hands constantly. Seems to work for me and for my kids. The Purell stuff is good to have in the car for when you can't wash.
Old August 13th, 2004, 05:49 PM
JaneMarlow

Great Tip! I use this every day at my desk! Bath and Body Works makes some great products too! They are pricier, and maybe a bit too fragraced for some, but I love them.
Old August 14th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Renna

Along the same lines , our sons Dr. suggested taking some of the Sanitizing wipes and going over the room when we 1st get to the hotel (precruise) & the cabin on the ship . Our son is diabetic and a cold can be a big deal . Were going to use the purel too.
Funny how the "big companies " are catching on we went to Camp Jeep this year and that was one of the (Purel ) things they handed out -last year it was hand wipes. Hey maybe the Cruise lines will catch on next.