Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2005, 02:45 PM
cyclist

Default exercise - spin classes

I'm an avid cyclist and want to stay fit while on an upcoming cruise on the Serenade of the Seas. I heard that the ship has regular spin classes on offer. Does anybody have any experience with this (on this or any other large cruise ship)? I have cycling shoes with clips and would like to know if there are spinning bikes on the ship that have pedals that allow for this type of shoe. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2006, 02:58 AM
RemJon11

amazing post
Old September 11th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

cyclist - I just asked the same question for the Spirit on Carnival and got a response within a day. Maybe you should post on your Cruiselines thread instead of the health one.

By the way there was one on the Spirit for a charge of $10 per class totally worth it though, just due to the great work out I get
Old August 21st, 2007, 12:59 AM
Beginner

I just went on the Elation and I can tell you it was disappointing in the fitness center. The guy who taught the classes seemed like he'd rather do anything but. There were sign ups for the 10 bikes and it was full the first day. $10 for a 35 minute class, no clips. Well I found out not all those sign-ups showed up and didn't get charged so I coulda gone. Not worth it for 30 min of an instructor who clearly doesn't want to teach class. Better luck to you!
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaamy
I just went on the Elation and I can tell you it was disappointing in the fitness center. The guy who taught the classes seemed like he'd rather do anything but. There were sign ups for the 10 bikes and it was full the first day. $10 for a 35 minute class, no clips. Well I found out not all those sign-ups showed up and didn't get charged so I coulda gone. Not worth it for 30 min of an instructor who clearly doesn't want to teach class. Better luck to you!
Too bad the instructor didn't tell you to show up anyway, just in case someone didn't show up. But, then again, you explained about the instructor.