Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2004, 04:55 PM
First Mate

Default Is the Veendam clean?

Looking to go on the Veendam and wonder if it is just for the "older crowd." My wife and I have been married for 26 years but love a great time. Also, because the ship is smaller, does it rock more than the big ones. Have been on Carnival and RC. Also, is the ship clean? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2004, 05:18 PM
hova

Default Re: Is the Veendam clean?

lets see....average age on our cruise was about 65. No the ship doesn't rock much, some times you couldn't even tell you were moving, but I guess that might depend on the weather outside, and yes, the ship is very clean.
Old January 26th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Blanche Welborn

The crowd on board was substantialy older than myself or my husband(we are in early 30's), but we enjoyed the peaceful, quiet atmosphere. This is not a party boat-then again HAL is not the cruise line to go on if you are into night life. By the way the ship was very, very clean last year when we were on it. In fact, on any given day you could see someone on their hands and knees cleaning some piece of brass, etc.
Old January 26th, 2004, 05:20 PM
First Mate

The ship is so clean that they got a score of 99 last week when the USPH inspected it. No worries there.

We have been on the ship many times and have a couple of cruises booked on her in the near future. The ship does not rock....maybe sometimes at night while we are sleeping, but then we love that. Any ship is going to rock in rough weather.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 08:25 PM
Passenger

We were on the Veendam last August to Alaska...mid 40's, with children 15 and 12. They were many families on the cruise (more than normal since it was summer vacation), I think we were around the average age for that particular cruise. The ship is absolutely beautiful. The only rocking we had was one night during a rain storm, but other than that it was smooth sailing. You'll have a great cruise. Enjoy!!
Old February 4th, 2004, 06:06 PM
First Mate

Just got off the Veendam Saturday 1/31/04
Yes it is clean & we had a wonderful time. Just wish the weather was a little more
co-operative. Guatemala is a beautiful country once you get past the poverty.
Old February 17th, 2004, 12:08 AM
SF Sharon

You can view the Veendam's recent inspection score, along with that of other ships at the following US government website:

http://www2.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/VSP_RptGreenSheet.asp
Old April 13th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Sandra Bean

Default Re: Re: Is the Veendam clean?

Marie,
We leave June 20 out of Seward on the Veendam. Can't wait. Thanks for the good report.
Old April 17th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Passenger

Fresh off the Veendam, early this morning! Very clean! It depends on the winds or sea's. I was told in the high seas it rocks more and it did. When it's windy it doesn't rock as much as a large ship!

The age range is 60's, Hubby and I are in 30's and loved it! I wouldn't want a ship that was a party ship. Had a great time. Let me know if you want to learn more about the ship!

Blondie
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Talliho

HAL's ships are ALWAYS clean. Unfortunately, I did not find this to be the case in Jan. on Golden Princess.
Looking forward to being back on Zuiderdam in Nov!!