Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2004, 12:48 PM
bill schulte

Default HAL e-mail

Has anyone gotten an e-mail response from HAL? If so, how long did it take from the time you sent it until you received an answer? Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2004, 01:12 AM
Passenger

Default Re: HAL e-mail

Last August, I emailed the Access and Compliance Department -- waited a couple of weeks. No reply. Then on one of the cruising bb's, heard that HAL had to delete masses of emails due to a virus/worm that was wreaking havoc at the time. So sent another email -- received a reply the next day.

I did send a letter with a problem situation to the office of the chairman in December. Two months later received a lengthy, very responsive letter in reply. It wasn't an urgent problem, obviously.

SFJ
Old February 22nd, 2004, 01:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: HAL e-mail

When I found an unexplaind refund (half my cruise deposit) on my credit card bill from HAL. Becasue it was a Saturday, I couldn't get HAL or my travel agent by phone. I sent Hal an email. On the following Thursday then respond to my email with their standard "Talk to your travel agent."

By then I'd talked to my travel agent and after a half hour on the phone while they waited for an answer from HAL, I found out that someone has book the entire ship for the June 19 sailing of the Zuiderdam. They'd refunded the deposit for the 2nd week of our back to back cruises, but everything worked out fine. The half hour on the phone got us a $600 reduction in fare and another 2 catagory upgrade for both of our cabins.