Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Bread Pudding

I have read all the rave reviews of HAL's bread pudding over the past few years. I don't think there has been mention made of all the different varieties ( chocolate chip, blueberry, banana, coconut, etc). Have been cruising HAL since 1998 and this past March on the Amsterdam was the first time for 2 bread puddings a day. Really prefer the flavoured and am hoping someone will confirm that these are standard now on all the ships
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Deaconlar

Default Re: Bread Pudding

Patricia
First time on this board. We are on the Rotterdam next January hitting the Canal. I am looking forward to the bread pudding and you just extended my desire by mentioning all the flavors. It's been a while since we have been on HAL and my wife and I are really looking forward to this cruise.
Peace-Larry
Old October 4th, 2004, 07:16 PM
debbieg

just off the statendam and the bread pudding had its own place of honour, there was always a crowd around the bread pudding to partake in it. and yes they did have the original as well as a flavored one each day.
Old October 5th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Yeoman

Too bad I wil be on RCCL in February,. My favorite dessert is Bread Pudding. Maybe I will make a suggestion to our waiter and see if they have this available. We have been on 3 cruises and have never seen this.
Old October 13th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Brandis
Default Re: Re: Bread Pudding

Is there several flavors each day or just one per day, but then each day a different one?

Do they have white chocolate bread pudding? (My absolute favorite...)

Marc
Old October 13th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Bread Pudding

On the Amsterdam South America cruise this past spring the Lido served two a day, the long-time HAL favorite plain bread pudding, plus one flavoured. Each day there was a diffenent flavor, quite a boon to those on a 5 week cruise where the plain bread pudding, although great, could become a bit boring each and every day! We never saw a white chocolate one (yum), only chocolate chip, but why not ask the executive chef if he could feature a white chocolate one ? In my experience HAL chefs can be quite accomodating and they may be willing to add a different flavor.