Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Bernard

Default Parking At Norfolk VA

We will be driving to and parking in Norfolk Va for a Maadam 10/30/04 cruise. Has anyone out there done this? Is there parking near the pier? How much? How far from the pier is the parking?

Bernard
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Parking At Norfolk VA

We did the first MAASDAM cruise out of Norfolk in January 2004. The parking is in a municipal lot a few miles from the pier. The cruise line offered a free shuttle bus from the parking area to the pier. Parking was CASH ONLY and was $10/day. You were required to pay the fee upon entering the lot. It's a short ride to the pier and embarkation was VERY smooth. Disembarkation was another story - the ship was 6 hours late on arrival and the set-up to get your luggage and then hop on the shuttle bus was a total disaster. We waited 1.5 hours outside before we were finally able to board the shuttle bus.
The good news - I spoke with a regional HAL rep 2 weeks ago and she told me that all issues have been corrected and disembarkation should be a breeze. We're scheduled for the 1/16/05 MAASDAM out of Norfolk. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the problems have been corrected. I did hear from some other passengers last year that they were actually able to leave their cars at hotel parking lots where they had stayed the night before sailing - might be another option?!

I wish you a safe journey - would you email when you return to let me know how things went?