Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Beginner

Default zuiderdam-Half Moon Cay cabana

We are booked on the Zuiderdam 6/4/05 and booked a cabana on Half Moon Cay. Is it worth the price?
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: zuiderdam-Half Moon Cay cabana

I'm prestently sitting on the pool deck of Westerdam, waiting to disembark. We were at Half Moon Cay yesterday, and had the turqouise cabana. Excellent location! And it was a treat.

We had a wonderful cabana boy, Romeo.... and he couldn't have taken better care of us! It turned into a cabana party, with many people visiting us... but Romeo just kept the food and drinks and coming! Helped make it a great day, and got rewarded with a nice tip.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 14th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for posting your comments about Turquoise cabana - DH and I have it booked for 4/16/05 Zuiderdam sailing. Having read so much about the cabanas on cruisecritic.com, I booked the cabana the day after I booked the cruise in October!

Lin
Old February 28th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Beginner

I was wondering how you booked a cabana as yet. We are traveling in July an I was told that we would have to wait until 60 days prior. Any hints? Jane

Old March 5th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Dear Jane:

I just went to the HAL Shore Excursions website the day after I booked my cruise (you will need your confirmation number) and booked online. I received a confirmation e-mail of the booking and followed-up 2 weeks later with a call to HAL who reconfirmed the reservation. I booked the cabana WAY far out since there are only 9 (or 10) of them.....try going to the HAL site and see what happens.

Good luck and smooth sailing.

Lin
Old March 6th, 2005, 11:47 AM
MSR

We really liked the yellow cabana--far enough down the beach for some privacy. Liked the stocked refrigerator, fruit plate, shower, the misting misters, the floats and snorkel kits, inside table and chairs........
watch out for the beachcombers who think the cabanas are for squatters! fend them off at once!! (just kidding--but we did have some visitors on the front steps!)

with the cabana you also get a priority tender pass--well worth it!
and, the towels are already stocked in your cabana. the cabana steward cleaned up our towels for us so we didn't take them back to the ship........but we really didn't need them in the first place!

we did not order the private steward-butler service since we are all able-bodied and preferred marching off to the the buffet a few times on our own! if we were splitting expenses with another couple, i think we could have justified the additional expense........but our kids really don't need to become too dependent on butler service-- yet! it's enough getting them weaned from room service and lido and dining room and tuxedos after we get home and they return to their downtrodden student lives......