Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Beginner

Default hotels near port /cabanas

We are going to be traveling to the easter carribean on the Zui this summer leaving out of Fort Lauderdale.
Can anyone suggest a hotel near the port that has transfers to the ship. We are going to be traveling with 2 infants and will be coming in the night before to make it easier.
Also does anyone have any recommendations on the cabanas on the private island.\
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Jill

Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Default Re: hotels near port /cabanas

Embassy Suites has a shuttle and I understand the Marriott Marina also has a shuttle, but you have to sign up early for it.

The Cabanas are, to my mind, very expensive. Check out the prices on HAL's web site, by clicking on For Booked Guests and then click on Excursions. You will find the price and what it includes.
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:29 AM
big apple

Try Ameri Suites which has free shuttle from airport and close to ship with free shuttle.Excellent breakfest included and near many restaurants with good mexican right in front of the hotel.Use valutrips.com for best rate here.
Old March 9th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Jane,

We booked and used the Turquoise cabana a few weeks back... and we found it worth every penny of the $219 (for up to 4 people).

It was a wonderful way to spend a bit of a "decadent " beach day, and the cabana boys took care of every need.... bringing drinks, tons of food for lunch, and anything else we wanted.

Soft drinks, water, float mats, and snorkel gear are included in the price, as well as priority tender passes.

We original booked it for 2, but found partners to share it with on the ship before we got to Half Moon Cay.

I wrote an article about our Cabana day that should be up our home page soon I believe.

For a hotel in Ft Lauderdale, I highly recommend trying Priceline. Bid 3 star downtown zone, and you'll get a nice hotel close to the pier.... likely Marrriott Marina, Embassy Suites, or Renaissance.

Old March 9th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Marguerite

We are staying at The best Western which has a shuttle from the airport & to the ship. Reasonable rates and right near the port. We rented a cabana. From all that I have read this is the way to go!!! 4 more weeks!!! Cannot wait!
Marguerite
Old March 9th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Passenger

The Best Western Rolling Hills has a courtesy shuttle that picks you up and takes you to the Airport, Cruise Port and shopping. They also offer breakfast. Their prices are very reasonable.

As I am sailing solo, the cost of the cabana wouldn't pan out, unfortunately!!!

Have a great cruise.

Dani