Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Passenger

Default Returned From Zuiderdam 4/16 sailing

We just wanted eveyone to know that the Zuiderdam is a wonderful Ship! The staff and crew were genuinely caring, hospitable, so gracious and always..always smiling.The aft corner suites are definately the place to be, and to be seen.The cusine tasty , well prepared and much better than expected.The ships interior and exterior decor is a tribute to the great Holland America ocean liners of the past with a contemporary flair toward the future. We loved this ship!!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Returned From Zuiderdam 4/16 sailing

Hi Kevin and Walt,

I too just returned from my first ever cruise and found the Zuiderdam to be wonderful. With so many expectations with a first cruise, this ship was more than I ever dreamed. When you have happy, smiling staff and cruisers, you know someone is doing something very right.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise too.

Happy cruisin'
Dani

Old May 7th, 2005, 11:34 AM
BMK

Hi everyone,

Sounds like you all had a great time on the Zuiderdam, we areconsidering thid ship fo a November cruise. Any recomendations on good cabins, location size of balconies, etc. Thanks-

Brigitte
Old May 24th, 2005, 04:52 PM
babyg

Default Re: Re: Returned From Zuiderdam 4/16 sailing

We'll be on the Zuiderdam- New Year's cruise second time cruising over New Year's on HAL. Last year was the Volendam. It was one of our favorite cruises.
Babyg
Phyllis
Old May 25th, 2005, 01:39 PM
joyann

I traveled with my husband and sister on the Zuiderdam last may (Western Caribbean cruise). We loved this ship. Very happy that the Statendam has been updated with some of the vista class amenities (green house spa pool and thermal suite especially).
Old May 28th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

We'll be sailing on the Zui next Sat. June 4th. Can't wait. My mother just passed away last week and after 3 weeks of dealing with hospitals and the funeral....this will be the best cruise I've ever been on. I can't wait to just sail away and relax and think of wonderful times past. Nothing like sailing to take your mind off your sorrows says I.

Old May 30th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Anna11

Reply to Brigitte who wrote:
>>Any recomendations on good cabins, location size of balconies, etc. Thanks-<

We enjoyed this ship very much but the one problem we encounterd was that our cabin was directly under the outdoor tables next to the pool midship on lido. Consequetly, we had to listen to chairs being dragged across the floor (our ceiling) constantly and it got quite loud. My recommendation would be to avoid Navigation deck midship. We were in 8046.

Also the peek and paddle tour in Costa Maya was very unorganized and overbooked so we had to go out in 2 seperate groups which turned the 2 1/2 hour tour into over 4 hours. It was rough and a lot of hard paddleing with no fish to see because of recent storms in the area. The guides were great though and seemed frustrated with what they had to work with too. Ricardo was an absolute doll! The beach was beautiful and relaxing so we really didn't want to leave anyway.

Our dining partners loved the spa card they got the first day...It was $120 for them both to use the spa all week...good deal and they said very worth it. Also, book the Pinnicle Grill right away for the first night at 1/2 price ($10 each). The food and service were fantastic. Try the crab cakes (wow) and the filet was amazing. It books up very fast though. Expedia offered a deal that included 2 free unlimited soda cards, 2 dinners at the Pinnicle and 2 bottles of wine on our booking. See if it's still available.

Oh! If Joel Mason is on board, see his show...he's great!

Have fun!