Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default Statendam

I am looking at taking the 28 day Vancouver to Auckland Cruise in September. I have never sailed on Holland America before - (have done several cruises mainly with Celebrity and RCL) and am trying to get an unbiased opinion. I have also never sailed for longer than 14 days.

I have read several recent negative reviews of the Statendam from poor service, old and worn furnishings, quantity and quality of food and generally an overall disastisfaction with the ship and the cruiseline.

Last year I sailed on the Galaxy from Rome to the Greek islands and Turkey and read numberous negative reviews before we left only to find my experience was great. I know some people can never be pleased.

Still, I might feel better were I to hear personal experience on this particular ship from a number of regular cruisers. This being a smaller ship - is it as well stablized as the larger ships - in other words will it be a comfortable cruise. Comments greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links