CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Holland America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/)
-   -   Does Deluxe Verandah Suite have a refrigerator? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/339148-does-deluxe-verandah-suite-have-refrigerator.html)

Sando September 2nd, 2007 02:42 PM

Does Deluxe Verandah Suite have a refrigerator?

Do Deluxe Veranduh Suites on the Volendam have refrigerators in the suite?

Epiklesis September 2nd, 2007 03:27 PM

Re: Does Deluxe Verandah Suite have a refrigerator?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sando

Yup.

That one was too easy. You have any other questions? :)

HALGAL September 3rd, 2007 09:11 AM

There is a small mini frig. like the one in a hotel room. It is stocked so not much room.

DeeDee September 3rd, 2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HALGAL
There is a small mini frig. like the one in a hotel room. It is stocked so not much room.

Yes, but you can ask your cabin steward to empty it if you want to put your own soda, wine, water, etc. into it. We've done this and it's been no problem.

Oh, don't forget - if you use anything in the frig, you will be charged for it. :) It will be checked each day by one of the crew from the beverage department.

kryos September 3rd, 2007 12:35 PM

Re: Does Deluxe Verandah Suite have a refrigerator?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sando

I've never stayed in a deluxe suite, but given the fact that the regular veranda staterooms have a fridge, I can't imagine that the deluxe suite wouldn't have one. There are also items stored in the fridge, such as beer, cocktail makings, sodas, etc. Of course, what you use you are billed for as the bar person will come around every day or so to take inventory and replenish items for you.

Blue skies ...

--rita

rinker250 October 15th, 2007 08:10 PM

How about a regular ol' outside stateroomon the Ryndam?

We stayed in an inside a few years back and I don't remember if we had a fridge.

DeeDee October 16th, 2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rinker250
How about a regular ol' outside stateroomon the Ryndam?

We stayed in an inside a few years back and I don't remember if we had a fridge.

Nope, sorry, no fridge on a regular ol' outside stateroom on Ryndam - only in the PH, Deluxe and Verandah Suites. This also applies to the Statendam, Volendam, Veendam, Maasdam, Zaandam and Amsterdam.

rinker250 October 16th, 2007 09:59 PM

Thanks Dee Dee.
I was kind of afraid of that when we booked.
We were more concerned about the 'when' and the 'where' (xmas, Mexico) than the how.
Our TA told us it was the last cabin in her block. In fact, we paid for the cruise the day we contacted her.
Ya'd think the line would throw a mini-bar in there as a possible revenue source.

Oh well, ice buckets it is.

DeeDee October 17th, 2007 09:32 AM

Dan - you can rent a small fridge for I think $2.00 a day.

If you really feel you need one, either contact your TA or contact
Ship's Services 1-800-541-1576 to order one.

I believe they put them under the dressing table.

All the cabins on the Vista ships have the small fridges. Guess they never thought about putting them into the other ships.